Marcus Gilbert selected by the steelers in the second round provides many things...takes care of a huge need with the oline, is a quality value, and adds chemistry to the line with the gator conenction we have with former team mates now.

Gilbert is a massive man at 6-6 330, but for a man that size he shows incredible quickness, agility, and pass protecting skills. Not the most powerful tackle but he does a great job of sealing the edge and while not a domination run blocker it is not for a lack of effort.

With his nimble feet he will likely be groomed as a future LT, but i would expect him to mean the end of tony hills, possibly trai essex right away. With flo returning it will give gilbert a chance to get stronger and play with flo at RT on a rotational basis since flo often gets banged up or needs to be spelled for a series or two. Hopefully this does happen and he can get his feet wet as a rookie playing RT part time.

Hopefully he will work his way up to being the backup at LT as a rookie because jonathan scott is truly terrible. All in all i love the pick and the value. Not gonna lie i was rooting for brown HARD when they were on the clock...but i was not disappointed with this pick who i have had on my radar for months now as a potential steeler target. Taking him made as much sense as taking curtis brown, and i really like how that turned out.

Just really made me happy following up Heyward with a second rounder that i really feel will be worth a damn on the steelers in the very near future. Really i see him as being everything i hoped hills was gonna be