Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers draft - Round 4 - Cortez Allen - CB - Citadel

Bookmark and Share
    I look at him as a training camp body to put pressure on Gay and Lewis. Who knows, he might be a guy that we love a couple years down the road.

Madison and Lewis/Gay are gone as of right now.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Madison and Lewis/Gay are gone as of right now.
    Don't discount Madison so quickly, his true value for this team is on special teams, not at CB. He played at CB this year due to the lack of talent we had, but he's my favorite ST player right now for us, he consistently produces there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    Don't discount Madison so quickly, his true value for this team is on special teams, not at CB. He played at CB this year due to the lack of talent we had, but he's my favorite ST player right now for us, he consistently produces there.
    Curtis Brown is supposedly an excellent special teams player... It would be nice if he can prove himself there and make Madison expendable.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Curtis Brown is supposedly an excellent special teams player... It would be nice if he can prove himself there and make Madison expendable.
    Oh, I'd swap Madison for Brown, based purely on Brown's upside. But for Allen...I don't think so.

I think we got something good on our hands with these 2 rookie corners. Allen and Ike have some similarities they both were big fast guys with limited corner experience.Lake is going to make this guy a monster. I saw some videos of him running drills , and his back pedal was silky smooth. He turns and runs smoother than some of the top corners in the draft, i just think he lacks the knowledge at corner that the other guys have being that he didn't play in highschool.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    Seriously when i started reading this it reminded me of Ike Taylor, then i came across this, In breaking down Allen, Dave-Te and his crew view his biggest weaknesses as his hands, stating that he has the hands to reroute passes and jam up receivers, but he struggles a bit when it comes to actually snatching interceptions out of the air. They view his biggest strength as his backpedaling skills in that initial movement off the line: For a boundary cornerback, Allen does a very nice job of disrupting the receivers before they can get into their patterns. He has that strong hand placement to tie up his man for a long time at the line of scrimmage, evident by his performances in frustrating those that dared to beat him out of the blocks in the 2009 Elon, Furman and Chattanooga clashes (on 23 passes thrown in his are vs. Chattanooga, only one was caught for more than 20 yards). He uses his length well to reach around and compete for the ball in flight, hopefully this guy turns out to be another Ike, I think Lewis should be moved to safety Gay and Madison are FA's So i wanna see what Butler, Brown and now Allen can do, I believe the hiring of Lake will help in the development of our young CB's...

Hopefully his hands are slightly better than Ike's lol! I might be mistaken but didn't the players tell the coaches to start Ike his rookie year because of how well he played in practice? I hope that's another similarity between him and Ike. I can definitely see Brown starting nickel day one. One thing we got on our side is the fact that both of these guys are natural corners. Let's hope that their both quick studies.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Miami Birthed Livin in Tampa Rep 305 All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I think we got something good on our hands with these 2 rookie corners. Allen and Ike have some similarities they both were big fast guys with limited corner experience.Lake is going to make this guy a monster. I saw some videos of him running drills , and his back pedal was silky smooth. He turns and runs smoother than some of the top corners in the draft, i just think he lacks the knowledge at corner that the other guys have being that he didn't play in highschool.
    Ike being resigned will make me feel alot more comfortable but I stand behind the dbs picked

My Mood
    Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    No Ktrain is pissed that the Steelers usually screw the pooch on the 2nd day of the draft.......I guess third day now....lol I just think some of us think Allen smells of that kind of pick....I hope Allen turns out to be a player and I will be rooting for him to beast now...lol
    QFT. Day 2/3 picks rarely pan out for the Steelers...he'll probably fall in that same group...

Thread Information