Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Heyward: Outlook and Expectations

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I'm with you bro, I love the pick. I didn't figure Heyward would drop, but I had him pretty high on my big board. Very happy to see him in the black and gold. I am salivating thinking about the front of Woodley - Heyward - Hampton - Hood - Harrison. Tackles around the AFC North will have to brush up on their holding techniques.
    QUADRUPLE H I LOVE IT OR EVANDER AND THE HOOD'S ITS ON I CANT WAIT BRING ON THE RAVENS AND THERE JUNKIE CRIMINAL CB SMITH HEYWARD HAMPTON HOOD HARRISON HOKE HINES AND IMAGINE HOUSE AND HENERY LOL
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-29-2011 at 12:12 PM.

I am going to admit that I was dissapointed when we took him, because I don't follow Big 10 football. But I trust ya'lls analysis and as I am sitting in a parking lot eating my lunch reading this post, Renegade just came on the radio! It is fate, he is going to be a stud!

--- Added 4/29/2011 at 11:15 AM ---

looks like Coach T and Colbert are giddy. Ok I'm sold on him... http://www.steelers.com/news/article...f-b39f57e92903
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    This is not only good quality at #31, it is a good fit for the Steelers defense. Hood and Heyward should anchor the ends for several years.

As a Michigan Wolverine fan, I can tell you I got tired of seeing Heyward stonewall the Wolverine D-Line for four years in a row. I am now a Heyward fan, because he is now a Steeler.

Well done Steelers, and well done K Train.

I was actually getting nervous when the Giants took PA as NE was rumoured to be interested in Heyward with their second pick and I thought he and Williams could both be gone and we would have chioces like Jimmy Smith (I am glad the rats took him) or Clayborn. 31 is like being stuck between the dog and the fire hydrant, but this pick sets up second round where we can wait and take best DB there w/o giving away too many late round picks to movw up unless we see another slide. I am fine with trading up but I think we can get help late in this draft if the players fall the right way. I could see Pettis or Henery and I know you guys have all mentioned options that you want to see late as well.

K, if Butler is as good as you think he is, our secondary might be on track, but I think we have to go DB in round 2.

My Mood
    Fine
    K Train I love your Threads/Post as always. All of us may have different opinions but we all know when we took The Best Future Steeler Available. No Question as the board played out it was a 5 tech with Mike Tomlins favorite word "BLOODLINES" AS THE PICK.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-29-2011 at 05:34 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    From what I read the Steelers were hoping that Heyward would drop to them all along, and that possibly they were willing to trade up if they felt someone was going to take him. The DL has been ignored for a long time up until Hood came in 2009, so this group was/is due for an infusion of youth for the future. We are fortunate that all 3 starters now, when healthy, are still as good as it gets in the league. It's rare to see 3 guys over 30 playing so well together, especially with the limited rotation they had available last year. When Smith went down again last year it was the best thing that could have happened to Ziggy Hood. He got a boatload of experience and we can feel confident in his ability now.

I'm hoping Heyward makes an immediate impact but I suspect he'll mainly be a rotation player this year unless injuries happen, like K train mentioned.

Nick Eason is on the hot seat right now.

My Mood
    Fine
    Nick Eason is a free agent.

Thread Information