Thread: Ben is learning

Bookmark and Share

Ben is learning

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...xEKH_blog.html

At a celebrity golf get together Lavar Arrington said this about Ben:

Iím in Buffalo for Jim Kellyís 12th Annual Golf Outing and last evening I had a chance to hang out with old teammates like Bruce Smith and Andre Reed. I also had the chance to hang out with some new faces, but the one who stood out the most to me was Ben Roethlisberger.

Few football players outside of Albert Haynesworth made more headlines for the wrong reasons in 2010. I read the reports and heard about the repentance of Ben after all the drama last off season in Georgia.

I have to tell you: Iíve met him before and felt as though he was a pretty arrogant guy, but last evening my perception of him totally changed.

Ben was pleasant and I found him to be very down to earth, in an environment where men and women were were falling all over him for his attention. Iím not trying to justify the allegations against him, but I clearly saw how he could find himself in a sticky wicket of a situation. He was chased the entire evening.

He not only maintained being an easy person to walk up to and talk with, but in a party where grannyís cough medicine was taking effect on everyone in the room, he walked around with his bottle of water the entire night.

A lesson is only a lesson if you learn from it. To me his conduct was so impressive it compelled me to do an entry on him.

I always pull for guys to do the right things and, speaking as a member of the media world, so many times a good positive story doesnít get written because controversial topics dominate. But I had to write about this.

My Mood
    Manic
    I'm happy to see someone write something positive it must be hard to be tugged at all night and maintain a positive attitude this is great news being married will help him too bravo to the author

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm very happy to hear this type is news about Ben, I hope he really get's it this time...

Thread Information