1. Aaron Williams CB/FS Texas
- I do believe williams will be the pick if heyward is not there...and if neither are there i expect them to reach for dowling. Aaron williams is a CB on the steelers and a FS for some teams. If by any chance he has to move to FS in the steelers scheme (and i firmly believe he wont have to) then hes a major upgrade over clark.
also in contention: Ras-i dowling CB Virgina, Cameron Heyward DE OSU, Mike Pouncey OG Florida, Phil Taylor NT Baylor
2. Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
Big tackle that lived in the shadow of the pounceys but is a good prosepct in his own right. A massive man with light feet and a brilliant pass blocker. LT of the future? I think as a rookie he could potentially share time with flo in a nice RT rotation.
also in contention: Curtis Brown CB Florida, James Carpenter OT Bama, Allen bailey DE Miami, Greg Little WR UNC, Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Wash
3. Lance kendricks TE Wisconsin
-Steelers get their guy from the combine, a willing (not great) blocker, a hell of a pass catcher that will replace spaeth and stretch the center of the field. not great at anything but a solid, all around option
also in contention: Davon House CB New Mexico st, Johnny Patrick CB Lousiville, Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma, Jerell Powe NT ole miss, Jarvis Jenkins DE Clemson
4. Chykie Brown CB Texas
- More of an athlete than a CB hes got good potential and could easily be the future at NB once gay leaves...I have faith in texas DBs
also in contention: Greg Romeus OLB Pitt, Chimdi Chekwa CB OSU, Austin Pettis WR Boise
5. Alex Henery K Nebraska
-Pretty big need for the steelers, they get imo the only draftable kicker to take over for reed. Suisham did a noble job but Henery could be the guy to count on for the next 10 years.
also in contention: terrell Mcclain DT USF, Sione Fua DT Stanford, Marcus Cannon OT TCU
6. Deunta Williams FS UNC
- Fell a ton due to his injuries, but a great read and react safety, reads routes well, has good hands, good recovery ability, reliable tackler, elusive in the open field, good in run support...just an all around good player. May never be great but a solid all around contributor
also in contention: Frank Kearse DE Bama A&M
7. David Mims OT Virginia Union
Massive tackle from a microscopic school. If jason cappizzi and king dunlp can stick on a roster i think mims has a solid chance of being a player in the league...clearly a few years away but he definitely looks the part and doesnt have cement in his feet like the other guys...hes a football player, the guys mentioned above are just gigantic men
also in contetion: Josh Bynes MLB Auburn
now wtf am i gonna do with my free time?