Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flozell Adams wants to play in 2011

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Flozell Adams wants to play in 2011

This is great news, what I was hoping would happen all along...

Ed: Steelers Flozell Adams Plans to Play

Thursday, 21 April 2011 13:49
    Written by Ed Bouchette

Tackle Flozell Adams, under contract to the Steelers through 2011, plans to play next season. There has been speculation on whether Adams, 36, will retire after playing last season with the Steelers. But his agent says that is not the case.
    “Flo is planning on playing,’’ Jordan Woy told the Post-Gazette in an email today. “We will need to talk to Pitt (once lock out ends) and determine his role and if it will be with the Steelers.’’

In other words, Adams doesn’t want to be a backup. He wants to stay right where he was last season, as their starting right tackle. It’s no secret the Steelers will pursue a tackle in the draft next week, but that could work out perfectly for them. Adams could finish out his contract with the Steelers and start the 2011 season at right tackle, and any young tackle they might draft could have a year playing behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    This is great news, what I was hoping would happen all along...

Ed: Steelers Flozell Adams Plans to Play

Thursday, 21 April 2011 13:49
    Written by Ed Bouchette

Tackle Flozell Adams, under contract to the Steelers through 2011, plans to play next season. There has been speculation on whether Adams, 36, will retire after playing last season with the Steelers. But his agent says that is not the case.
    “Flo is planning on playing,’’ Jordan Woy told the Post-Gazette in an email today. “We will need to talk to Pitt (once lock out ends) and determine his role and if it will be with the Steelers.’’

In other words, Adams doesn’t want to be a backup. He wants to stay right where he was last season, as their starting right tackle. It’s no secret the Steelers will pursue a tackle in the draft next week, but that could work out perfectly for them. Adams could finish out his contract with the Steelers and start the 2011 season at right tackle, and any young tackle they might draft could have a year playing behind him.
    I think this is great news, as well. I liked Flozell from the beginning, but after he tried to go back on the field even though he was sick as a dog and throwing up in the locker room, I have liked him even more.

And Jordan Palmer wants to be a starter! lol

Sorry I just felt like saying that, Flo will have to compete I have a feeling, T won't just hand any job out IMO...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

if he has to compete with colon hes already won, they actually might try out colon at guard.

i would expect them to draft a guard or tackle in the first 3 rounds still

My Mood
    Buzzed
    I never liked Colon

Flozell giving it one more shot is excellent news.

Judging from their previous success in drafting offensive linemen I'd say Flo doesn't have to worry about losing his starting job to a rookie - Pouncey being the recent exception. Even picking in the first round - who in their right mind would draft a tackle from NCCU? That was one of the worst picks of all time. And we know how much Urbik and Hills have contributed.

was that a jamaine stephens name drop there? lol

My Mood
    Manic

the hotel

this is great news the only thing that is troubling is that it sounds like he wants to start not compete for a job and i dont think tomlin kugler or anyone else is just handing out starting jobs

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    this is great news the only thing that is troubling is that it sounds like he wants to start not compete for a job and i dont think tomlin kugler or anyone else is just handing out starting jobs
    agreed! while he'd probably win the job he still has too this is the Steel city they don't just hand us championships we earn them here!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    was that a jamaine stephens name drop there? lol
    Oh man, I remember that draft. He was larger than life but my God he couldn't play worth a damn.

At this point Adams knows he's the best RT we have on the team, no question. I would still draft one in the first 3 rounds like Ktrain mentioned and like I've been saying all along. Move Colon to Guard and let him compete with Foster. Let Adams play at RT and finish out his contract so the draft pick can step in 2012.

It's as simple as that..LOL

Thread Information