Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ras-i vs Aaron

Bookmark and Share
    If Talib isn't in jail we should pick him up for next to nothing and have Silverback throw him into a corner of the locker room and tell him if he Fs up again he will be traded to Cincy.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    If Talib isn't in jail we should pick him up for next to nothing and have Silverback throw him into a corner of the locker room and tell him if he Fs up again he will be traded to Cincy.
    I almost made a thread about this, I love talib as a corner(not so much as a person) but I doubt FO would take a chance on such a risky player given all the legal issues now. Having said that I would love to see us bring him in for cheap and try it out, I don't see a better situation for Talib than all the veteran presence in the pitt locker room. Also not sure how he would fit in the system but any secondary talent at this point is welcome.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Ras-i or Harris if we go CB, I wouldnt mind AW but only if he went straight to FS. But think we need CB or OL before... BPA Regardless
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I almost made a thread about this, I love talib as a corner(not so much as a person) but I doubt FO would take a chance on such a risky player given all the legal issues now. Having said that I would love to see us bring him in for cheap and try it out, I don't see a better situation for Talib than all the veteran presence in the pitt locker room. Also not sure how he would fit in the system but any secondary talent at this point is welcome.
    everyone is saying no jimmy smith? but ghetto boy talib is ok

lets get NA .. he is a stand up guy, besides perfect for us.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-25-2011 at 10:30 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    everyone is saying no jimmy smith? but ghetto boy talib is ok

lets get NA .. he is a stand up guy also besides perfect for us.
    f@#* smitH and talib both get rasi and we'll be fine with butler and lewis b mac gay clark troy taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I don't want Harris, he's too short... Barely over 5'9"
    but there are several corners that are not tall but play well...
    IF Pitt takes Harris, I hope that short and good is better than what we have now!

Williams over Dowling not injury prone
    thats not why harris is a bad fit....hes short but he can ball out. hes jsut a poor fit for the scheme.

tall corners are overrated, just as much as tall WRs. ill take harris in the mid second if we wanted to trade up. the dude is a good team mate and a fierce competitor

also imo ras-i > williams

but thats not where their draft stock is going to be

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    If thats the case then just take Jimmy Smith and give him a chance. Smith comes off as an a**hole but I dont think he's that bad of a young man.

--- Added 4/25/2011 at 03:33 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    also imo ras-i > williams

but thats not where their draft stock is going to be
    Hey K Train, Do you think the Steelers might be making a Defensive Switch after next year? So Taking Harris or Williams wouldn't be a bad idea in a hybrid/cover 2 type Defense. Both Harris and/or williams can play the nickel spot this year. I also see them possible taking Rahim Moore with Carnell Lake being the New DB's Coach and Keith Butler being DC next year. If it wasn't for the CBA expiring I think we'd have 2 new OC's. Keith Butler on D and Randy Fetchner or ? on Offense.

i dont see a switch under butler if he were to take over next year, and tomlin has 43 experience but hes not married to it.

id hate a switch, what a waste of LBers that would be

This stuff can make a man dizzy.
    The more I look at things (in this non-expert humble view) , the more I doubt Williams will be there for us, depending on trades, of course. If they come off the board as we expect, Peterson, Amukamra, Smith (albeit some boards have dropped him), Williams, Harris, I can see any of the following teams looking for DBs depending on need or BPA:
    Buffalo
    Houston
    Tampa
    Balt

A handful of teams want to trade down, I would think:
    Carolina (no takers though)
    Buff (good luck; they, or a handful of teams, though, will snatch Peterson as BPA); Dallas might be willing to move up for him if he drops a bit. I don't see them taking PA at 9 with other players at need positions, but they could try and slide down and pick up PA later.
    Houston or Detroit could take PA by 13.
    Tampa would do us a favour if they took Smith, but with what just happened with Talib, they may like the safer pick (Williams/Harris) better.
    Baltimore could take Williams, Smith or Harris depending on what Tampa does. If they don't trade down, and they like to trade, this could leave us with a choice of Smith or Dowling (if they take Harris) or a choice between Harris and Dowling (if they take Smith).
    Wash, Phil and GB would probably be willing to move down a bit too.

NE doesn't have many picks next year so they could actually trade one of their first round picks away for next year. Hopefully they trade with a team that needs a QB, particualrly at 28. And hopefully they don't take Pouncey at 17. That would just smell.

We need some teams to make some mistakes and over-draft a QB or take a RB in the first round.

Dilemma:
    If you had to choose Harris or Smith at 31 or trade down a few spots and take your chances picking up Dowling high in the 2nd, what would you do?

Thread Information