Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K Train's Final Rankings

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i expect all 13 of those DTs to be drafted in the first 4 rounds....so its pretty thin as far as rankings go but i like paea as a NT in a 43 playing next to a disruptive 3tech...in a 34 im not crazy about him

ive always liked jones over green, for 2 years now. not a huge separation but i give jones my #1 ranking.

i dont think any RBs are drafted in round 1 this year, but probably 5-6 in rounds 2 or 3
    if Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus headline a loaded class of 13 defensive tackles in the 2011 draft. Does this mean that there are solid C/G's being overlooked this year because the DT's made them look mediocre during the season, or are the C/G's that bad this year that they made all these DT's look even better? just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    If Ras-I was a more polished corner than Smith, he would be projected much higher than mid-2nd round. He's obviously the better tackler out of the two and is better in run support.
    he had a down year due to him being hurt and out most of it...no doubt about it he needs to bulk up his lower body but hes been helping himself alot and gaining momentum leading up to the draft, meanwhile jimmy is being taken off teams boards.

i really do have them graded about the same giving a slight nod to dowling who overall i think is the better football player.

also thinking that mock draft projections or even where they are actually selected amkes any difference at all as to what kind of player they end up being is foolish

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    if Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus headline a loaded class of 13 defensive tackles in the 2011 draft. Does this mean that there are solid C/G's being overlooked this year because the DT's made them look mediocre during the season, or are the C/G's that bad this year that they made all these DT's look even better? just a thought...
    guards are always tough to project in the draft because more than half the guards in the nfl are tackles that couldnt cut it at tackle in the pros.

pouncey is a true guard, so is watkins and hudson...but guys like cannon, franklin, carpenter, rackley, ijalana, and love all project to guard after playing tackle as a college player

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    guards are always tough to project in the draft because more than half the guards in the nfl are tackles that couldnt cut it at tackle in the pros.

pouncey is a true guard, so is watkins and hudson...but guys like cannon, franklin, carpenter, rackley, ijalana, and love all project to guard after playing tackle as a college player
    I thought Franklin was originally a Guard that was moved to tackle in college? Meaning his true position was always Guard. Watkins was a Left Tackle at Baylor.

Starter
    franklin moved to OT his senior year i think .. but i rmbr an interview with him where he hinted he felt more comfortable at OG

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I thought Franklin was originally a Guard that was moved to tackle in college? Meaning his true position was always Guard. Watkins was a Left Tackle at Baylor.
    there you go then, another example of a tackle that cant cut it at tackle....watkins played all over at baylor, but hes definitely a guard in the pros

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    franklin moved to OT his senior year i think .. but i rmbr an interview with him where he hinted he felt more comfortable at OG
    franklin has ****** feet for an OT....i like him as a guard on most teams

My Mood
    Impatient
    I see you have Moore as the #1 safety, is he worth the 31st pick. I still contend that FS not CB is our #1 need, unless Mundy is the answer, assuming Ike comes back. I think a healthy McFadden, Ike and Butler at NB would be decent if we had a better FS.

i dont like him at 31, love him at 62 though and wouldnt be opposed to a trade up from 62 to the middle of the second

I wouldn't mind seeing the team snag Moore, but I am somewhat skeptical when it comes to players from UCLA. Also, where is Mike Mayock's love for Gilchrist coming from? I think he has him ranked at #2 behind Moore?

Starter
    what is up with gilchrist so low? i like the dude .. mayock was saying last night he was a "bang the table" guy in rnd 2 ..

Thread Information