View Poll Results: What's the Steelers record in 2011 going to be based on the schedule now?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15-1

0 0%
  • 14-2

3 6.98%
  • 13-3

7 16.28%
  • 12-4

17 39.53%
  • 11-5

14 32.56%
  • 10-6

4 9.30%
  • 9-7

0 0%
  • 8-8

0 0%
  • 7-9 or Worse

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Schedule Discussion

Bookmark and Share
    I honestly think Ben will be firing on all cylinders out of the gate. My question is, can our secondary be patched up enough to avoid the copy cat attacks??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I honestly think Ben will be firing on all cylinders out of the gate. My question is, can our secondary be patched up enough to avoid the copy cat attacks??
    Excellent point Latrobe because we all know they're coming.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Excellent point Latrobe because we all know they're coming.
    Teams will come at us like never B4, we have to have an answer for it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Teams will come at us like never B4, we have to have an answer for it!
    Yes, teams will come at us, but I think that a healthy D will help. Troy played so far off the ball during the SB and I still think its because everyone knew McFadden needed help. Plus, I still hold that the fines Harrison got made LeBeau less agressive. Anyway, I am sure the addition of Lake as the DB coach will help a lot.

Overall, I like the schedule. I think it sets us up for a deep post season run. A late bye week, followed by an easier schedule to finish the year. Plus an 11 day break before the last three games of the season. Plus our final three games are 49ers, the Rams and the Browns. Even if we dont get a bye week in the playoffs, its not like we have the toughest final three games of the season.

I can't vote in this poll as i'll never dish out a defeat to the Black n Gold till after its been earned!

--- Added 4/20/2011 at 01:41 PM ---

Now onto a serious matter....Ravens week one how sweet is this, hopefully there is a week one game, stupid lockout!

Duke of 531
    The NFL schedule gets more bizarre every year...

first off starting the year off with baltimore sucks secondly facing them twice in basically the first half the season really sucks...cincinnati weeks 10 and 13 and cleveland weeks 14 and 17 couldn't they spread our division games out a bit more perhaps seeing each opponent once before seeing the other teams for the second time

week 11 bye sucks ... if we don't hold our own during that brutal opening stretch of games that bye could be meaningless...just luck of the draw i guess

i believe we get new england after their bye week which sucks but i guess that's one that is just the luck of the draw not a flaw in schedulling

5 night games...totally sucks...thank god only 2 of them are home games...it totally sucks having to try to get up for work at 5 a.m after getting home from heinz field around 2 a.m. and even the away games on TV usually don't get over until after midnight...god i miss the seventies when you could count on 90% of steeler games being on sunday at 1 p.m.... looks like i will be calling off work the day after
    the baltimore and cleveland home night games

let's just hope we have a season to watch what ever the schedule is...right now i'm trying to contemplate the thought of not having football season in the fall and it's making me ill...GO STEELERS
    Last edited by airbrake 1; 04-20-2011 at 07:35 PM.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Agree with Mos07, so-called "easy" scheduleds rarely pan out that way because last year's records don't always predict current year performance. Teams rise and fall. Three of Steeler's first four games are versus solid teams... and on the road. So could be bumpy start. But as was said, let's just hope there is a season.
    STEELSPIKES

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Ya i know. 2009 was the perfect example. We lose to K.C, Oakland, Chicago and Cleveland that year. None which had winning records. Lose to the Bengals twice, that surprisingly won the division that year.

As far as the Ravens, oh they have a chance..... if Ben Roethlisberger is not playing.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Cool
    The NFL came through on releasing the 2011 regular season schedule, which may be a good sign of things to come. And, with it the Pittsburgh Steelers schedule was among the more important ones, as everyone is looking forward to seeing the two Super Bowl teams level of competition. A measuring stick, if you will.

http://www.steelerschronicle.com/201...e-a-look.html/

Can't believe I managed to get a Pokemon reference in there, lmao.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ugh. There's nothing that I hate more than a record prediction so far ahead of the season. We as Steelers fans know that an easy schedule could bring a terrible year, and a hard schedule could bring an awesome year. There's absolutely no way to even begin to guess right now what the record will be come...whenever the end of the next season is.

Thread Information