View Poll Results: What's the Steelers record in 2011 going to be based on the schedule now?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15-1

0 0%
  • 14-2

3 6.98%
  • 13-3

7 16.28%
  • 12-4

17 39.53%
  • 11-5

14 32.56%
  • 10-6

4 9.30%
  • 9-7

0 0%
  • 8-8

0 0%
  • 7-9 or Worse

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Schedule Discussion

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    They made the same request last year, guess the schedule makers don't like whiners.

It's a bitter rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, but some fans say the Ravens have sunk to an all-time low.

Apparently they're so sick of losing to the Steelers in primetime in Pittsburgh, they told the National Football League they don't want the match-up anymore.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens notified the league they do not want to play nationally televised night games at Heinz Field.

For two seasons in a row, the Ravens have traveled to Heinz Field to play night games against the Steelers and left losers.
    Link
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We all know the toughness of the schedule always turns around 100 different ways by the time the season is over. Teams that were supposed to be tough end up being not so tough, teams that were supposed to be that good end up being competitive. Sometimes you lose a game shouldn't, injuries happen, etc. There are a myriad of things that can happen but it's fun to think about what they could do.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    They made the same request last year, guess the schedule makers don't like whiners.

Link
    They can play us at 7am in the morning with nobody watching and we'll still beat them. They talk too much beforehand for us not to beat them. Almost every time a team talks it up, we beat them. They really need to learn that lesson if they're going to get anywhere in this division.

My Mood
    Love
    Just hope we kick *** for last season and bring Lombardi back to the Steel Town. 13-3.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We can't predict anything until we see what holes we are going to plug between the draft and free agency.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

The thing that I am expecting is that the team will beat a team it probably shouldn't (Maybe go 2-0 against the Ravens, or beat the Patriots), but will lose to the Chiefs. It seems like every time they get an "easy" schedule, they lose to bottom tier teams and play up to high caliber teams.

We have to build our secondary around shutting down Manning, if there is a way to draft or bring in FA players to do so I like our chances to make it all the way again!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Damn, thats a late season BYE... I like that its later than this years but still thats pretty late... Ill make sure to let yinz know my prediction within the coming months.. I gotta see our full roster
    we play the ravens before the bye... do the ravens have a bye the week before they play us?...

these are the things that will hurt us...

the last 7 games we should go 7-0 lets go with 12-4

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Kind of like the they say regarding a golf tournament, "You can't win the tournament in the first three rounds, but you can definitely lose it." Those early season games at Indy, at Houston the 2 with Baltimore and then the home date with the Pats could certainly seal our fate as early as ever if we don't play well. Even if we went 10-6 the playoffs would be no guarantee with losses to Indy, NE, and a split with Baltimore.

The late bye will certainly be interesting and the weird scheduling will either be a great thing for us or absolutely horrible depending on our health. I'm going with 11-5.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think this is probably one of the easiest schedules that a previous super bowl participant has faced in a long time. It's mainly because we play the NFC West this year and that division couldn't get out of it's own way in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    The thing that I am expecting is that the team will beat a team it probably shouldn't (Maybe go 2-0 against the Ravens, or beat the Patriots), but will lose to the Chiefs. It seems like every time they get an "easy" schedule, they lose to bottom tier teams and play up to high caliber teams.
    Yeah that drives me nuts, they did that all during the Cowher era, played down to their competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Kind of like the they say regarding a golf tournament, "You can't win the tournament in the first three rounds, but you can definitely lose it." Those early season games at Indy, at Houston the 2 with Baltimore and then the home date with the Pats could certainly seal our fate as early as ever if we don't play well. Even if we went 10-6 the playoffs would be no guarantee with losses to Indy, NE, and a split with Baltimore.

The late bye will certainly be interesting and the weird scheduling will either be a great thing for us or absolutely horrible depending on our health. I'm going with 11-5.
    I smell a podcast to break down the schedule coming up real soon

Thread Information