Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JollyRob68's Mock's

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

lol who?
    he was a CB at michigan...i had him as a 2nd or 3rd round talent....great instincts, should have stayed at school another year though. banged up, didnt time well, couldnt stick with the jets, but hes got good potential

Starter
    smokescreen ... we are not really interested in those guys imo ..Ras-i is here to save us

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this is my worst nightmare
    I know thats why I said Sorry.LOL

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 01:57 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was a CB at michigan...i had him as a 2nd or 3rd round talent....great instincts, should have stayed at school another year though. banged up, didnt time well, couldnt stick with the jets, but hes got good potential
    Yeah I liked him coming out and thought he should of stayed 1 more year.
    I'm glad we have him and have a NEW DB COACH in Carnell Lake. I see Warren more of a Safety because he's a solid tackler and slower speed. I wish this lockout was over so he can get into The Steelers workout program.

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 02:05 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Start fresh. Keenan looks clueless out there so I'd start with him. McFadden is still a better cover corner than Gay so you might have to get rid of the young one there and let the new guys learn from BMac. Clark and Ike will be around for another 3 years so I don't expect them to leave anytime soon. Butler is our best corner.

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 04:14 AM ---

lol who?
    William Gay is a free agent and will most likely get signed by Arizona. I'd like to keep him because he's gotten better every year and Ryan Clark & Bmac have gotten burnt more than him. However we just cant get the thought of him being beat by New England TE or ran over by AP.
    As far as Clark & Ike. Clark doesn't have 3 good years left he get toasted because he's slow. Incredible brain but time for a replacement and for him to go to Dime Back.
    Ike Taylor may not be back. HE might be courted by Houston,Arizona,Atlanta & New Orleans. He's from New Orleans and it was rumored that Houston might really want him.
    As much as I want Ike Back I'm ready for a shakeup and cant wait to see what Carnell Lake does.

Good picks above. We could trade up a few spots if the right guy were there (Amukumara), or down if we have teams with QB needs looking for their man. Picking at 31 hurts.

I like the Aaron Williams/Marcus Cannon combo at 1 and 2.

I think the board will change a bit depending on who they take in earlier rounds because they will likley double clutch at DB or OL. Options for 3-7 are:

3-Quizz Rogers
    4-Sione Fua
    5-Austin Pettis
    6-Alex Henery
    7-Devon Torrence

I am not sure about Rahim Moore. I think if they take Williams it will be "wait and see." He will be the safety if not the CB, so I don't seee them taking Williams and Moore. Target another CB next year at 1 or 2.

I am guessing they will pick up a DL somewhere and I just took a stab and figured it would be in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Good picks above. We could trade up a few spots if the right guy were there (Amukumara), or down if we have teams with QB needs looking for their man. Picking at 31 hurts.

I like the Aaron Williams/Marcus Cannon combo at 1 and 2.

I think the board will change a bit depending on who they take in earlier rounds because they will likley double clutch at DB or OL. Options for 3-7 are:

3-Quizz Rogers
    4-Sione Fua
    5-Austin Pettis
    6-Alex Henery
    7-Devon Torrence

I am not sure about Rahim Moore. I think if they take Williams it will be "wait and see." He will be the safety if not the CB, so I don't seee them taking Williams and Moore. Target another CB next year at 1 or 2.

I am guessing they will pick up a DL somewhere and I just took a stab and figured it would be in 4.
    Tampa will mess us up with smith/williams cb selections talib is being released.

now it would be more like Ras-i cb at #31 then quinten carter safety at #63

so BPA will take over our selection and we will get a DE or DT at #1 i bet....
    then a Carpenter or other OT/G at #2

That's the price you pay when you traditionally pick at the back end of the draft. But that is also why teams shy away from taking guys who have talent and character issues high.

Let's see which teams blink and over-reach for a QB, DB or OL and leave good DL talent on the board for us to swoop in and grab. As long as we don't reach, we will have talent to choose from or trades to make.

I think I am just about "mocked out." I can't wait for things to get rolling.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    That's the price you pay when you traditionally pick at the back end of the draft. But that is also why teams shy away from taking guys who have talent and character issues high.

Let's see which teams blink and over-reach for a QB, DB or OL and leave good DL talent on the board for us to swoop in and grab. As long as we don't reach, we will have talent to choose from or trades to make.

I think I am just about "mocked out." I can't wait for things to get rolling.
    I hear you about being mocked out but they're just fun. Heres two that are nice.

A Williams,M Cannon,K Ellis,J Pinkston, Cedrick Thornton,Greg lloyd, Devon Torrence.( I'd change the 5th pick to Brandon Bair or Frank Kearse)

Another TAylor,Curtis Brown,Marcus Gilbert,Jalil Brown,Austin Pettis,Da'rel Scott, Keith Williams. ( I'd swap Pettis in 4, Jalil Brown in 5) or I'd take Richard Sherman in 5th.

Check out this article. This guy broke it down by probabilities in each round. In some cases, I hope his probabiities don't materialize, but he did put in some effort.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/0...1-draft-board/

I am actually off this week so I have a lot of time on my hands to read these through.

My Mood
    Fine
    Great Draft. I love our picks. We got what we needed and wanted. Like I said it was hard to pass on Heyward and they got Gilbert ,Brown & Cortex Allen. Then a LB, Nebraska Guard & 3rd down back. OUTSTANDING. 6 out of 7 were draft visits.

Waterboy
    The best thing that has happened to us is hiring Carnell Lake. LeBeau trust him and he will have our DB's playing out of their minds. We also picked up Donovan Warren for lake to mold. I think the first three spots are Defense. I wouldn't mind trading out and grabbing more picks. Oakland's 2nd & 3rd or San Diegos 2nd & 3rd or late 2nd & two 3rds. We need to get young on D in a hurry.

Thread Information