Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JollyRob68's Mock's

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

JollyRob68's Mock's

Here's my Idea of a 2 good mock that could happen and fill our needs. One is based on my thoughts and the other is selecting from draft visits or Mike Tomlins Bloodlines quote.

My Thoughs
    1.Aaron Williams 2.Greg Little,3.Marcus Gilbert 4. Richard Sherman/Kevin Rutland 5. Frank Kearse/Brandon Bair 6.Da'rel Scott 7. Josh Bynes/Lee Smith

Bloodlines/Draft Visit
    1 Cam Heyward 1a Aaron Williams Bloodlines
    2 Sefan Wisniewski 2a James Carpenter Bloodlines/Draft Visit
    3 Curtis Marsh 3aAustin Pettis Bloodlines/Draft Visit
    4 Casey Mathews 4aCortez Allen Bloodlines/Draft Visit
    5 Cortez Allen 5aDa'rel Scott Draft Visits
    6 Frank Kearse 6aGreg Lloyd Draft Visit/Bloodlines
    7 Lee Smith 7aAnthony Gray Bloodlines/Draft Visit

My Mood
    Manic

corners sit the first year

the more i think about it if we take a cb in the first rd it might be a waste because cbs sit their first year in lebeau's defense the only way a cb wouldnt sit is if he was elite like petersen or amukamara so picking a corner is almost a waste i really think they will go o line or d line first i guess we will see next week

its hardly a waste...thats an idiotic reasoning. its a need now, its gonna be a way bigger need in the near future.

mcfadden didnt sit as a rookie, he was the NB right away, same with gay.

if we draft ras-i or williams they would get in on NB sub packages and maybe time as FS too for a year and hopefully crezdon butler gets some playing time too. just cause they dont usually start as rookies doesnt mean they dont play...especially high round picks

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its hardly a waste...thats an idiotic reasoning. its a need now, its gonna be a way bigger need in the near future.

mcfadden didnt sit as a rookie, he was the NB right away, same with gay.

if we draft ras-i or williams they would get in on NB sub packages and maybe time as FS too for a year and hopefully crezdon butler gets some playing time too. just cause they dont usually start as rookies doesnt mean they dont play...especially high round picks
    i said almost a waste how is it idiotic if its a need now and that player doesnt play?did u read all of what i wrote i dont think williams or brown or smith for that matter could start as a rookie there isnt a big difference in ability after the first two corners in the draft that being amukamura and peterson after them all the player are very similar until the trird or fourth rd

Starter
    imo as of right now i only see 3 DB's (Ras-I, Williams, Harris) who I think we a) have a realistic shot at and b) can step in early and help .. so im not sure who the 3rd or 4th round DB's are that you are talking about ..

and one of those guys is maybe a FS btw so i am lost at how an early DB pick on a team like us who has the pass rush to generate the ROI is remotely considered a waste ..

--- Added 4/18/2011 at 05:30 PM ---

i would not be surprised to see Ras-I start by mid-season too btw .. in theory smith could, but i think he is off our board

My Mood
    Fine
    We need CB & FS as well as a backup for Troy. Richard Sherman is a big CB who might move to FS which we need. Clark is old and gets toasted and I'm a fan of his.
    The best thing that has happened to us is hiring Carnell Lake. LeBeau trust him and he will have our DB's playing out of their minds. We also picked up Donovan Warren for lake to mold. I think the first three spots are Defense. I wouldn't mind trading out and grabbing more picks. Oakland's 2nd & 3rd or San Diegos 2nd & 3rd or late 2nd & two 3rds. We need to get young on D in a hurry.

My Mood
    Manic
    williams harris smith peterson and amukamura will be gone (off the board) by 31 and 62 dowling isnt worth the 31st pick and the rest of the player listed will be gone that is what i meant by a waste drafting a second round corner in the first round when you can pick up equal value in the later rounds
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    We need CB & FS as well as a backup for Troy. Richard Sherman is a big CB who might move to FS which we need. Clark is old and gets toasted and I'm a fan of his.
    The best thing that has happened to us is hiring Carnell Lake. LeBeau trust him and he will have our DB's playing out of their minds. We also picked up Donovan Warren for lake to mold. I think the first three spots are Defense. I wouldn't mind trading out and grabbing more picks. Oakland's 2nd & 3rd or San Diegos 2nd & 3rd or late 2nd & two 3rds. We need to get young on D in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    williams harris smith peterson and amukamura will be gone (off the board) by 31 and 62 dowling isnt worth the 31st pick and the rest of the player listed will be gone that is what i meant by a waste drafting a second round corner in the first round when you can pick up equal value in the later rounds
    I highly doubt all 5 CBs will be gone especially how QB friendly this draft is. Peterson and Amukamara for sure. Smith very likely. Williams and Harris I'm not so sure. Harris' stock is falling and I'm pretty sure he'll be drafted in the 2nd.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    I highly doubt all 5 CBs will be gone especially how QB friendly this draft is. Peterson and Amukamara for sure. Smith very likely. Williams and Harris I'm not so sure. Harris' stock is falling and I'm pretty sure he'll be drafted in the 2nd.
    we dont pick until the bottom of rd 2williams and harris will be gone by the 50th pick

Thread Information