Thread: WTF???? DAMMNITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

WTF???? DAMMNITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pirates have resigned Jose "Strikeout Master" Hernandez.

I think Dejan Kovacevic put it best, when, on the Nightly Sports Call, a caller asked about Hernandez and Dejan moaned "ohhh Nooooo! I've gotten 500 angry emails about this!"
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Addicted
    Can anyone ever figure out why the Pirates do some of the things they do?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Can anyone ever figure out why the Pirates do some of the things they do?
    Nope I sure can't. Just like that awesome Joe Randa signing last year. But Jose Hernazdez was just signed to a minor league contract though so he has to make the team if not the Pirates won't owe him a damn thing. But I know it was a wasted signing.

Man 1992 seems like 100 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nope I sure can't. Just like that awesome Joe Randa signing last year. But Jose Hernazdez was just signed to a minor league contract though so he has to make the team if not the Pirates won't owe him a damn thing. But I know it was a wasted signing.

Man 1992 seems like 100 years ago.
    But Tracy loves Hernandez though for some reason, so he's probably going to make the team.

As for 1992, I thought of a good question. Could the Bonds of 1992 throw out the Bonds of now at home?

Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    But Tracy loves Hernandez though for some reason, so he's probably going to make the team.

As for 1992, I thought of a good question. Could the Bonds of 1992 throw out the Bonds of now at home?

The answer to that could possibly never be answered, the ball, and Bonds, both on the same trajectory toward home plate, would be going so slow they would force the Earth to spin backwards, and we would all die from lack of something.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yup, they had some pretty good teams back in the early 90's. Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke(sp?) etc. Been a long time since they were even thought to be a contender.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Yup, they had some pretty good teams back in the early 90's. Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke(sp?) etc. Been a long time since they were even thought to be a contender.
    Man I'm a huge Pirates fan and I love my Buccos even though they suck. But that defeat in the 1992 NLCS to the Braves ranks up there with the loss of Super Bowl XXX as one of the greatest heart breaks in my life. I was 13 in 1992 and cried when the Pirates lost. I know I'm a big wimp for crying.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Man I'm a huge Pirates fan and I love my Buccos even though they suck. But that defeat in the 1992 NLCS to the Braves ranks up there with the loss of Super Bowl XXX as one of the greatest heart breaks in my life. I was 13 in 1992 and cried when the Pirates lost. I know I'm a big wimp for crying.
    Don't feel like a wimp, I was 10 and actually was allowed to stay up "late" to watch the game. I felt like somoene pee'd in my cereal. I actually met Sid Bream a few years ago, while working at Dick's, and I told him he broke my heart when I was 10, he said he wished he had a nickel for everytime he heard that.

He actually lives somewhere in the Burgh.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Don't feel like a wimp, I was 10 and actually was allowed to stay up "late" to watch the game. I felt like somoene pee'd in my cereal. I actually met Sid Bream a few years ago, while working at Dick's, and I told him he broke my heart when I was 10, he said he wished he had a nickel for everytime he heard that.

He actually lives somewhere in the Burgh.
    Sid Bream was a solid player for the Pirates and in the 1992 NLCS he screwed the Pirates from reaching the World Series by scoring the winning run for the Braves.

Hell if the big bats of Bobby Bo and Barry Bonds would have actually showed up then we wouldn't be having this conversation. For three straight years the big guns didn't get it done for the Pirates in the NLCS.

1990 vs the Reds
    1991 and 1992 vs the Braves

of course Bobby Bo was a Met in 1992 as Bream was a Brave. But Bonds didn't do ****. Even though he did have his best series in 1992. I think Bonds hit 261 and had 1 homer. By far his best series in the NLCS with the Pirates.

Reppin' 724
    Yeah, a least we had the Pen's to console us.

Thread Information