Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breaking news from TCU marcus cannon does not have cancer

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Manic

breaking news from TCU marcus cannon does not have cancer

marcus cannon does not have cancertony paulino from SI has confirmed from tcu that the cancer rumor is untrue
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-14-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Starter
    good .. cannon would be insane next to pouncey .. heck, he might still be able to play rt

cannon is RT for us if we draft him, not RG

Starter
    in 2011?

I never heard that he did have cancer, but good news, nonetheless.

It was leaked yesterday on twitter before Marcus even knew about the rumor. A journalist said he heard from a "source" marcus had testicular cancer and it turned out to be completely false according to TCU, marcus, and NFL doctors

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    SI's Don Banks has us taking him in Round 1. First of all, very happy to hear the young man is healthy but is he worthy of going in the 1st? I also saw the Banks had Cam Heyward going to the Pack at 32. I have to believe if Heyward is there we'll take him.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

i do believe he is a top 10 senior talent

that being said im not sure how i feel about him at 31, he would be a STEAL in round 2 and while RT is a need for us i cant help but think theres gonna be a better dlineman or DB on the board that would be a better value.

I do not like him as a guard...people his his size as 6-5 350 and they think well hes to fat to play outside and slap him with the guard label....but imo he lacks the attitude and aggressiveness to play guard, he is a very powerful man but he doesnt play as powerful as he tests....he lacks mobility to pull and get to the second level.

however, he is extremely light on his feet, carries his 350 pounds incredibly well, and has a great punch to go along with his abnormally wide frame...sounds like the perfect RT to me.

i would be uneasy with him at 31, but still excited about his potential, would REALLY like to see a move made for curtis brown in the second though if this happens

Not that I want this to be true, but according to ESPN he actually does, although it is treatable.

TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has a treatable form of lymphoma that was discovered in the run-up to the NFL draft, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

According to multiple media reports, Cannon was diagnosed with a benign growth in his groin area over four years ago, but physicals for the draft revealed that it had grown. A biopsy and further tests revealed that the 6-foot-6, 350-pound senior has non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Cannon's representatives have released a medical report to all 32 NFL teams, sources told Schefter.

Cannon will begin chemotherapy Wednesday and will have three more treatments over the next three months. Because of his age and health, Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of more than 90 percent.

The NFL draft begins Thursday, and ESPN's Todd McShay has Cannon ranked as the 11th best offensive lineman in the nation.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2...ory?id=6432659

hes likely more of a 5th-6th round guy....3 months of chemo could take care of what he has but his rookie year would be a wash and theres no guarantee hed ever be the same.

im pulling for him, its really a shame

Thread Information