Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is this year's "NOOOOO" guy

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Who is this year's "NOOOOO" guy

Who is the guy that some people think is worth a first round pick, but if the Steelers took him at 31, you would be ticked? Like Ziggy Hood for KTrain 2 years ago.

My Mood
    Manic

nooooooo guy

this years noooooo guy is nate solder hes tooo small and not worty of a 31 pick

Nate Solder for sure. 6-9 315 isnt "too small" but hes thin, plays with ****** technique and has quite a bit of bad tape.

Starter
    the only OL i want in the 1st is carimi and maybe sherrod so anything other than that would be a downer for me .. no watkins that early please

if we draft martez wilson at 31 i would be pissed too ..

or martez is a good one...hes got 2nd or 3rd round upside but hes a 4th round prospect at best whos fast for a guy his size.

i want carimi or pouncey as far as oline in the first goes....sherrod i wouldnt be heartbroken but i might be irritated, solder and castonzo...no

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Nate Solder for sure. 6-9 315 isnt "too small" but hes thin, plays with ****** technique and has quite a bit of bad tape.
    correct i meant to say thin frame needs to bulk up but i still dont like him castanzo isnt so bad but hes not a first rounder

--- Added 4/14/2011 at 09:21 AM ---

it turns out ziggy hood wasnt a nooooo guy after all he did an above average job filling in for smith this year considering mentally he wasnt thinking of starting and he will get better next season whenever that is

he was solid the last 4-5 games, but he was pathetically terrible the rest of the year. still not excited about him long term, espeically at LDE, maybe on the right

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was solid the last 4-5 games, but he was pathetically terrible the rest of the year. still not excited about him long term, espeically at LDE, maybe on the right
    i think hood will get the jump on more veterans this year and impress even more.

he was in his learning curve and still is.

we now need a ILB with top speed to blow thru these DE's and NT's and make some sacks and help those de's out a bit.

We still need Joseph/Wilson/NA ...... McFadden, Gay, Keenan dont even come close to NFL quality like Hood is...

Williams, Brown, Ras-I will help but they will need time to learn again, we need a DB vet... and bad...

we can draft a starting Guard.... there are plenty of tough ones this year.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.

we need a CB, FS, RG, RT, and NT and DE

theres options out there....if any aaron williams, brandon harris, ras-i, curtis brown, rahim moore, quinton cater, deunta williams, mike pouncey, danny watkins, marcus gilbert, marcus cannon (who MAY have cancer now...tba), orlando franklin, phil taylor, jerrell powe, kendrick ellis, cam heyward are steelers in 2 weeks weve addressed a need.

theres so many options.

Taiwan Jones to Hold Pro Day
    Eastern Washington University running back Taiwan Jones will work out for NFL talent evaluators today at Los Medanos Community College in Pittsburg, California.

Jones is coming off a broken bone in his foot that caused him to miss his team's final two playoff games last December, and kept him from workout out at the 2011 Scouting Combine.

The 6-0, 194-pound Jones began his Eagles' career at cornerback, starting four of seven games and totaling 54 tackles before moving to running back. Over 24 games between his sophomore and junior seasons, Jones had 383 carries for 2,955 yards and 29 touchdowns, adding 64 receptions for 903 yards and 7 touchdowns as a receiver.

Jones averaged. 22.7 yards on 50 kick returns during his career, including a 93-yard touchdown return as a freshman.

The 2010 Big Sky Co-Offensive Player of the Year opted to declare for the 2011 NFL Draft a year early, and his slight build, speed and elusiveness have drawn comparisons to Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles.

Jones is projected to be a mid-round pick.

Thread Information