Thread: Marvin Austin

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Marvin Austin

Can Marvin Austin be a NT or 5Tech for the Steelers or is he mainly a 3 tech for a 43 team? Would you have an issue tacking him in the first? Marvin Austin or Stefan Paea?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Can Marvin Austin be a NT or 5Tech for the Steelers or is he mainly a 3 tech for a 43 team? Would you have an issue tacking him in the first? Marvin Austin or Stefan Paea?
    Short answer: Hell no

Long Answer:

Austin has serious dedication question marks, immense potential and such an insnae athlete for the position there is a reason he was a top HS recruit, he was a man among boys. A bit of an underacheiver in that he never really performed to his expectations, now being labeled with all these character concerns there no way the steelers take him high....especially after being suspended and sitting out the entire year.

He looks like a 5th round prospect to me, at one time considered a sure-fire top 10 pick he just never put it all together. He will certainly be a 3 tech UT, no way he could hold up to play nose at this point and i woudnt even try him at 5 tech hes just not discliplined enough.

Paea is a freakishly strong athlete, hasnt played football very long, and i think would be best as a NT in a 43, anchoring a 34 might be asking too much of him

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Short answer: Hell no

Long Answer:

Austin has serious dedication question marks, immense potential and such an insnae athlete for the position there is a reason he was a top HS recruit, he was a man among boys. A bit of an underacheiver in that he never really performed to his expectations, now being labeled with all these character concerns there no way the steelers take him high....especially after being suspended and sitting out the entire year.

He looks like a 5th round prospect to me, at one time considered a sure-fire top 10 pick he just never put it all together. He will certainly be a 3 tech UT, no way he could hold up to play nose at this point and i woudnt even try him at 5 tech hes just not discliplined enough.

Paea is a freakishly strong athlete, hasnt played football very long, and i think would be best as a NT in a 43, anchoring a 34 might be asking too much of him
    Thanks K Train,
    I keep hearing people refer to Paea as a 5tech for the Steelers. Can he be a 5 tech at 6'1"? He has the motor The Steelers look for.
    Austin has repaired his status and will be a 1st or 2nd rounder. I'm just wondering if he's the BPA will The Steelers take him? I'd rather give Phil Taylor & Greg Little a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Thanks K Train,
    I keep hearing people refer to Paea as a 5tech for the Steelers. Can he be a 5 tech at 6'1"? He has the motor The Steelers look for.
    Austin has repaired his status and will be a 1st or 2nd rounder. I'm just wondering if he's the BPA will The Steelers take him? I'd rather give Phil Taylor & Greg Little a second chance.
    he could be a 5tech, not where i would place him though.

austin had decent workouts, but hes hardly repaired his status of never living up to his HS hype despite countless opportunities. no way hes a first round pick, 2nd is his ceiling but i think hes more into the 3rd or 4th

phil taylor had a second chance at baylor, he hasnt done anything wrong in 3 years and he remorseful.

greg little is another story though....damn id love him to be on the steelers, i just dont see it happening

Starter
    austin could go in the 1st .. whether or not he earns his keep is one thing, but his upside will convnice a team to pull the trigger in round 2

Thread Information