Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Will Draft A Linebacker In 2011 Draft

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Cool

Steelers Will Draft A Linebacker In 2011 Draft

It’s no wonder that the Pittsburgh Steelers’ linebackers are considered the bread and butter of the team, and consistently being one of the best overall units in the NFL. With the sheer numbers of linebackers that find their way to Pittsburgh via the NFL draft, along with master defensive coordinator and Pro Football Hall of Fame cornerback Dick LeBeau, plus linebacker mastermind Keith Butler it’s to hard to believe that the overall talent of the unit will drop off anytime soon.
    http://www.steelerschronicle.com/201...11-draft.html/

Good read...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers signed Woodley to that Franchise deal knowing full well that there was most likely going to be a lockout. If they weren't planning on keeping him around they wouldn't have offered him the deal in the first place. If there is one position the Steelers don't just let guys walk in the prime of their careers who have contributed as much as Woodley has, it's Linebacker. When a new CBA is reached, the owners won't allow one to go through that doesn't include some type of "tags" for them to use, so saying that the tag is essentially worthless isn't entirely accurate right now. The owners know what they are doing and when they put those tags on the players they knew the consequences and benefits just like any other year. Since the franchise tag was signed by Woodley before the lockout happened, the owners won't just let their prized players slip away.

As far as drafting linebackers, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them bring in another this year. A year rarely goes by that they don't bring in atleast 1 in the draft. If they are smart they won't burn a high draft pick on one, but a mid round pick, absolutely. You never know what gem you'll find.

Starter
    last year we passed two potential replacements for farrior in brandon spikes and sean lee .. butler wanted to pick lee ..

funny that those two guys were available last year in the 2nd because this year they are stronger than any of the inside guys in this class..

no good targets early imo

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i say again... BPA
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

nate erving and mark herzlich would be good fits i think

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'd like to see the Steelers pick Greg Lloyd, it would be a 6th or 7th round pick but I think he has potential.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    During the Cowher years we always drafted a linebacker or brought one in via free agency nearly every year. Then the last few years of his tenure that slacked off. Tomlin has been drafting LB's like crazy and so far it's paying off but Butler will need to step up at some point so we can see what he's got.

Drafting a LB is a definite 2nd or 3rd day possibility but drafting an OL must be a 1st or 2nd day priority.

i personally believe slyvester is the truth and should be given every opportunity at MLB because i think he has play making potential.

But i wouldnt hate drafting a thumper in the middle....erving and greg jones are beasts, herzlich while im not sold on him recovering from his cancer but he would instantly be a fan favorite and if he did return to 2009 form hed be a STEAL

bruce carter is another guy id like if available in the 2nd/3rd...a LB in the mold of timmons that has that sideline to sideline range, best fit might be on the outside in a 43 but could defintiely play any LB slot on any defenes imo

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Unless Potsie totally takes a nose dive this year or gets injured, Sylvester will have to wait another year to see real playing time. However it would be a good idea to get him in a regular rotation with Farrior. Potsie is the team leader on the defense, the elder statesman, however getting Sylvester some field time would be a huge benefit for the future.

Thread Information