Ed Bouchettes Mock Is really good

1 Brandon Harris
    2 Rahim moore
    3 John Moffit
    4 Alex Henery (k)
    5 Austin Pettis
    6 Anthony Grey 5'11" 330 lb DT/NT SMU
    7 Monte Simons DE/OLB KENT

I'd Switch Pettis & Henery but this is nice.
    I seen a few mocks that had us take Aaron Williams in the first & Ras I Dowling in the 2nd. They said with the idea that one will be groomed at Safety. Hot Dam I like his thinking. Fill or DB needs its long over due.
    Trade out of first get extra 4th round pick,2 4ths or 3rd and get our Db's,OL & DL set. If we have the extra 3rd we can get Pettis & Moffit in the 3rd. Of course taking Pettis with the earlier pick or even grabbing Greg Little in the 2nd.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...t-for-steelers

--- Added 4/8/2011 at 12:34 PM ---

From Ed Bouchette
    Here's my stab in the dark, based on some reading, some basic understanding of the Steelers' roster, and some rank speculation.

Round 1 -- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami -- Some say he doesn't get his head around fast enough and that he didn't pull in enough interceptions during his college career, but this underclassman has the athleticism, fluidity and instincts to be a top corner in the NFL. He excels in man and zone coverage, and he doesn't mind sticking his hat in the pile to tackle.

Round 2 -- Rahim Moore, S, UCLA -- Though some were disappointed with his slow 40 time at the combine, this kid has the ball skills and confidence to become the ball-hawking free safety that the Steelers have lacked for a long while. Ryan Clark ain't getting any younger, and a talented young safety would be a welcome addition to the defense.

Round 3 -- John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin -- Just an excellent overall guard prospect who has the talent and smarts to compete with Doug Legursky to start at right guard in 2011. He has prototypical size at 6'4" and 319 lbs., while one scout described him as having the "phone booth quickness, mobility and footwork" to be a potential Pro Bowler at guard for years to come.

Round 4 -- Alex Henery, K, Nebraska -- Best kicking prospect in a couple of years, as his accuracy is off the charts (89.5% on field goal attempts for his career, an NCAA record) and his leg strength is excellent (he nailed two 50+ yard kicks in 2010 alone). He could be a big weapon for the Steelers.

Round 5 -- Austin Pettis, WR, Boise St. -- And the Steelers take another shot at that elusive "big receiver" that they can never seem to find. Pettis is 6'3" and a hard worker, so hopefully he can stick.

Round 6 -- Anthony Gray, DT/NT, Southern Mississippi -- He worked out for the Steelers in early April and, at 5'11" and 330 lbs., he fits the space-eating mold of Steeler nose tackles in the 3-4.

Round 7 -- Monte' Simmons, DE/OLB, Kent State -- Ray Jackson, the Steelers' director of player development, went to see Mr. Simmons work out at Kent State. And we all know the Steelers have a little luck with undersized 'backers from that school.

I really do like brandon harris but not at 31, i just dont think hes the best fit.

Overall it looks pretty good, i think henery is a bit of a reach and pettis wont go that low, his last 2 picks are pretty random players.

i would rather have aaron williams at FS and moore at CB, theyd basically be switching college roles but whatever.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ed B said it wasn't his mock it was one of the readers.
    Anthony Gray isnt random he had a visit this week with them. He put up more #'s than Paea on the bench.He's only 5'11 330 lbs.
    I agree Aaron Williams & Rahim Moore. I dont understan why people dont have us taking Rahim Moore when Carnell Lake was his coach for one year the kid had 10 INT's.

Starter
    i need to be careful because i am really biased in favor of harris.. have followed him since HS, BUT..

i think he is more of a brandon flowers than an alphonso smith as far as smaller DB's go so I think while he might not be the best fit he would be solid ..

he would be an insane upgrade by the middle of the season at #3 DB/nickel and be the starter by the end of the year imo opposite ike ..at the end of the day you could not give me two or three willie gays or mcfaddens right now for harris .. i think he is better than them right now ..

but after all that, Ras-I just fits in so much better ..
    Last edited by andyg1984; 04-08-2011 at 09:11 PM.

aaron williams or moore at number one

then brown or ras-i or quinten carter at #63

harris may make it to the 60's

that might fly
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-08-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Starter
    i like moore, but not at 31 .. imo he is after 40 at the earliest .. i would not be super surprised if harris slips, but he is going to have a much better career than many taken ahead of him

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    aaron williams or moore at number one

then brown or ras-i or quinten carter at #63

harris may make it to the 60's

that might fly
    A slight trade back could insure we get Two from your list plus pick up an extra 4th Or go after NE #28 or #33rd pick.

If we could get the # 33rd pick by offering a future pick we could get 2 DB's and a Lineman.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    It really isn't a bad mock, although I agree with Ktrain that the kicker is a reach and Pettis will be gone. I at least like the direction of the 'mocker' in question.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Fine
    SWAP HENEREY & PETTIS AND ITS GOOD.
    I'd seen a Mock where Steelers took Williams in the 1st & Ellis in the 2nd. That sounds good to me.
    Another mock was
    Williams CB texas
    Cannon OL TCU
    Sione Fua NT Stanford
    Colin McCarthy ILB Miami
    Chykie Brown CB Texas
    Alex Henerey K Nebraska

Thread Information