1 Aaron Williams
    2 Ben Ijalana
    3 Austin Pettis
    He has Marcus Cannon & MArcus Gilbert still on board past rd 2 selection

McShay has

1 DannyWatkins
    2 Johnny Patrick
    3Luke Stocker TE

He has Arron Williams still on board after 1, Curtis Brown & Marcus Gilbert still on the board after our 2nd selection
    What do you think?
    I like Kipers but would take Cannon or Gilbert over Ijalana.
    Based on McShays I'd take Williams in the firt and Jump for joy that Curtis Brown is there in the 2nd.

id be PISSED at danny watkins at 31. then id burn the city down if they took patrick over brown.

Williams, Ijalana, Pettis would make me very very happy but theres no reason cannon shouldnt be the pick over ijalana. My thoughts on cannon are that he is a RT through and through that could play guard but that would be wasting his skills.

heres why, at 350 pounds he carries his weight extremely well and has some really light feet. Mix that with his abnormally wide frame he is perfectly suited for the RT position in any scheme. Hes very powerful, at least he tested powerful but imo he doesnt play to his strength and has limited mobility which makes him a waste at guard....if he doesnt maul and cant get to the second level theres no reason to play him at guard....but using his wide frame, long arms, light feet, good initial punch, and good lateral movement hed make a hell of a RT.

I think id take cannon over gilbert slightly, but if we wanted a pure guard id say ijalana wouldnt be a bad pick, but he wouldnt be the best pick either...honestly if its not pouncey in 1 or watkins in 2, or franklin in 3 i dont really want a guard id rather have a tackle like cannon or gilbert cause after that the guards are less than average and we already have a bunch of them and i cant see ijalana being the best player on the board in the second i think he'll get over drafted

also if the steelers take a TE it will be kendricks, otherwise i think they either dont address it or wait til real late
    Last edited by K Train; 04-06-2011 at 04:01 PM.

I like Kiper's draft although I think we could get an end or NT in the 3rd round. Pettis would be a nice pick, but receiver is not a priority right now. I would be ok with Watkins in the 3rd round or later. He's prolly a guy that will play up to 8 years b/c of his age.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    No question I like Kiper's draft better. My bro lives in Boise so I watched a lot of the Broncos the last couple of years. While I don't think WR is necessarily a need for us, I'd have a hard time complaining if we grabbed him in the 3rd.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Starter
    i dont think kendricks gets to us in the 3rd .. MIA, NYG and ATL would be pretty likely spots imo ..

pettis to me is pretty unexciting in the 3rd ..

pettis is a good player...boise has been putting out some good pros. hes a big guy with good hands and body control...it would mean moving on from sweed though

Starter
    i think pettis is solid, but there are guys who do what he does that are more explosive later on .. a guy im gonna be pushing for the 6th-7th round is Kamar Aiken .. but there is your buddy brown out there too .. of course i have to mention Greg as well

--- Added 4/7/2011 at 09:15 AM ---

i know greg will be gone ... im just saying i would rather spend an earlier pick on him than the 3rd on pettis

the thing with little is hes thought of to have TO/Marshall syndrome which wont sit well with us.

I would like a bigger guy though, we have like 5 slot WRs, wallace is really the only pure outside guy we have and hes still pretty one dimensional. little would be dirty on this team, so would deAndre brown but the ****in karacter konsernz stop the steelers from drafting those guys....pettis, maybe tolliver, maybe even torry smith or baldwin i the second, salas in the third....if they are gonna address the WR spot i just hope they get a outside guy...ward, brown, sanders are all slot guys imo and el shouldnt be on the team

Starter
    in the 6th or 7th i really like kamar aiken .. 6'1" 213 (4.45) .. nice burst, good leaper .. physical .. played well vs top competition when given the chance ..

reason he is not higher is because he has played through injuries the past couple years and was in an offense that spread the ball around a bunch when they do decide to throw .. also has lapses in concentration here and there, but then looks natural making an unbeleivable catch ..

from what im understanding about aiken is hes not really a draftable prospect at this point...will likely get his chance as an UDFA, but i dont really know anything about him.

Thread Information