Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rising Ras-I ..

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Lions Host CB Ras-I Dowling
    The Detroit Lions hosted Virginia cornerback Ras-I Dowling on Wednesday, the team announced on its official website.

Dowling (6-2, 198) was an All-ACC selection his sophomore and junior seasons before struggling with injuries in 2010. During his four-year career, Dowling totaled 160 tackles, 28 passes defensed, 8 interceptions, and a quarterback sack.

Dowling ran a 4.40-40 at the Combine, but injured his hamstring and was unable to complete his workout or participate in Virginia's pro day. Earlier this week, Dowling ran in the 4.4-range in the 40 and posted a 38" vertical leap with a 10'8" broad jump.

With his combination of size, speed, and athleticism, Dowling is projected to be drafted on the second day of the draft.
    His ProDay he ran 4.36 and was great in drills He moved to Mike Mayocks # 4 CB and a late 1st early second pick.

his 4.36 is without question impressive, however when you watch him he does lack closing speed and with his over agressivness if he gets beat he does struggle to catch up...its a give/take thing but you can definitely tell by watching him that he times faster than he plays, as do a lot of CBs. Revis timed tremendous, but its his fundementals that make him great....hes not the fastest CB out there.

Rasi did look smooth as hell from the little i saw though, not curtis brown smooth but smooth nonetheless

like ive said before theres a few players that in my eyes have helped themselves an incredible amount this offseason....they are dowling, phil taylor, and curtis brown....it would just be a delight to have any of them on the roster
    Last edited by K Train; 04-07-2011 at 03:04 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    his 4.36 is without question impressive, however when you watch him he does lack closing speed and with his over agressivness if he gets beat he does struggle to catch up...its a give/take thing but you can definitely tell by watching him that he times faster than he plays, as do a lot of CBs. Revis timed tremendous, but its his fundementals that make him great....hes not the fastest CB out there.

Rasi did look smooth as hell from the little i saw though, not curtis brown smooth but smooth nonetheless

like ive said before theres a few players that in my eyes have helped themselves an incredible amount this offseason....they are dowling, phil taylor, and curtis brown....it would just be a delight to have any of them on the roster
    I agree with all 3. Id still take Curtis Brown but Phil Taylor would be tough to leave on the board. He covers NT & 5 tech for us.

My Mood
    Fine
    I've seen a couple mocks that had us taking Aaron Williams in the first & Ras I Dowling in the second with the thought that one can be groomed as a Safety. Not bad at all.

My Mood
    Manic
    moore is a bit slow for corner 4.6 ras i is 4.4 that is a noticible differencehe can play safety but hes too slow to be rooled into a corner dowling has the value at 31

moore ran a 4.53, not bad....hes pretty smooth in coverage though

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    moore ran a 4.53, not bad....hes pretty smooth in coverage though
    My thoughts on Moore is this, If were going to give Carnell Lake new toys to retool the secondary why not give him his player? Moore had 10 INT's when Lake was his coach for 1 year. Imagine what he'll do with him as well as Donovan Warren,Keenan Lewis & Crezdon Butler.
    I'd love to get Rahim Moore and Curtis Brown/Ras I Dowling OR another CB/FS type player like Richard Sherman

Thread Information