Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rising Ras-I ..

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Rising Ras-I ..

Seems like more and more people are calling Dowling a good pick in the second .. the obvious takeaway from that is we may not be able to get him at 63 ..

what i want to throw out there is what if we are sitting there stuck at 31 and all the big names are gone, but more specifically; heyward, williams and harris - the guys we have realistically talked about getting are gone .. is Ras-I worthy of the pick?

if we are truly stuck i am not opposed .. i think the guy is going to have a solid career and he is moving up boards as we speak .. im not surprised if he starts showing up in mocks to us at 31 tbh ...

--- Added 4/5/2011 at 11:04 PM ---

i should have probably called this re-emerging Ras-I lol ..

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I like Dowling but not with our first pick and I doubt that he's there at 63.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Impatient
    I am not for trading down, but if Dowling is our BPA, then I think we should see if we could drop back 10 picks and get him. However, I really doubt there wont be someone worth the 31st there when we pick

Starter
    it is harder to trade down than people think .. that is the point of this question.. if we are stuck i think he is the only one who really justifies the pick ..

more specifically none of the following are available .. heyward, taylor, harris, williams, carimi, sherrod and pouncey ..

--- Added 4/6/2011 at 08:23 AM ---

i dont think heyward gets past BAL and NYJ, taylor could be snatched fast, the 3 OL are gone imo .. harris and williams both make cases to be there, but Ras-I might be a better fit than harris .. williams is the wildcard imo, but i'd mostly like to see what ev1 says if he is gone ..

hes definitely in my top 10 potential #31 piicks...ideally hed be there in the second but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen.

i dont think brandon harris is the ebst pick for us, i like him alot but i dont think hed be a good fit. i think jimmy smith isnt even an option anymore, and i really have a hard time putting my finger on aaron williams...i cant tell if hes gonna be an upgrade over mcfadden and gay or an upgrade over clark....either way it needs to happen, but if hes a FS long term dowling or brown should be the second round pick...jmo

Starter
    the case is there that Ras-I is a better DB anyhow than Williams ..

It depends what your looking for really...both were my top 2 potential CB to FS converters, but not exactly in the mold of antrel rolle or malcolm jenkins in that i didnt think there was a chance in hell they could play outside full time, both these guys could imo. Both timed very well, williams at like 4.34 but his game tape doesnt lie hes pretty stiff in coverage. dowling is a much smoother athlete and while both are good football players id give insticts to williams

Starter
    i thought williams was a 4.5 guy .. either way i think Ras-I can play both and williams is more of a FS ..

next thing that is sort of a bummer is i dont think jarvis jenkins is going to be there at 63 .. the second look people are putting into bowers is leading them to jenkins .. i saw a couple plays where he threw around rodney hudson like it was nothing ..

If the talent is gone at 31, trade back 10-15 spots if possible. I really like Dowling, but I think 31 would be a bit of a reach. I would want a little more value out of that pick.

My Mood
    Fine
    I like RAS but we already have issues with injury prone DB's Troy P & Bmac. Plus Clark is Slow & Old. The type of Corner we need is different than what we usually select. We need a Speed,smooth,ball hawking CB and his name is CURTIS BROWN.
    I'm also for taking Williams(how knows how to turn and locate the ball) and Rahim Moore.
    I'm suprised more people aren't jumping on Rahim Moore and his Connection with New DB's coach Carnell Lake. When Lake coached Moore he had a breakout season with 10 INT's. Do?nt we wish we had someone like that to team with Troy

We can grab Richard Sherman later in the draft so that we have a thicker CB/FS type of player. I really hope teams come calling for the 31st pick but I dont want to move too far back. The choice becomes what other pick do you want? and extra 6,5 4 & 5, two 4's or 3rd? The higher the extra pick the further back you go.
    My question to everyone is SAn Fran at 13th pick in 2nd round gives you two extra 4th's or OAkland(who wants into rd 1) at 16th pick in 2nd round gives you a 3rd?
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Thread Information