Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rising Ras-I ..

Bookmark and Share
    we also need someone who can tackle since troy cant...you want at least one good tackling safety.

i will say that our coaches do a hell of a job teaching tackling and seem to really stress it....ike, bmac and gay are some of the best tackling DBs in the game.

Ras-i brings a certain amount of physicality to the game that most corners this year dont have...hes probably the most physical corner in the draft and that with a 220 pound patrick peterson, not just at tackling but jamming and tackling in traffic

also lets not make the mistake of saying because he was hurt for a portion of his senior year that hes injury prone....he plays through injuries and is a tough dude. hes got a thin lower body, thats something that will change and make him alot more durable, ask timmons who was an "injury prone" rookie that beefed up and told everyone that claled him a bust to shut up

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    also lets not make the mistake of saying because he was hurt for a portion of his senior year that hes injury prone....he plays through injuries and is a tough dude. hes got a thin lower body, thats something that will change and make him alot more durable, ask timmons who was an "injury prone" rookie that beefed up and told everyone that called him a bust to shut up
    I hear you. One of the comments at the combine that they repeated was several scouts saying out loud " He's injured again"?. Your correct about my man Timmons. My concern is we have injuries with Bmac as a corner already and if we dont sign Ike thats a risk I wouldn't want to take. Select Williams who has some size,cover skills and actually looks back for the ball.

I'd have no issue trading slightly into the 2nd round and then drafting RAS. But what if you move back and miss Ras,Williams,Moore,Brown & Harris? Highly unlikely but a risk.
    I'm all for taking The DB they want in rd 1and wouldn't be shocked if its Ras.
    Mayock made the comment about value,need and what you can get later. He said you can get a tackle later.(He was talking about an earlier team but thought is still the same)
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Starter
    i mean how "crazy" would it be for us to take a 6 ft 200 lb corner that runs well and is real physical .. with good college tape ..

it is only a matter of time before Kiper and crew start putting him to us there at 31 .. im going to go ahead right now and pencil him in as my guess for #31 ..

for #2 i want to move up and get jenkins .. i really dont think he is there at 63 .. i cannot believe some sites have wilkerson rated ahead of him as a 5 tech .. nor can i blv i used to like wilkerson as a 5 tech lol ..

id be on board with him at 31 just to make sure....he wouldnt be much more than a 4th CB as a rookie, but would likely push butler to compete extra hard for his spot and i love me some crezdon butler.

i like jarvis jenkins alot, as a 5 tech and a potential nose as well....hes the best dlineman coming out of clemson this year...**** bowers

Starter
    i think by the end of the season he would be in the rotation at minimum .. maybe a starter tbh

i think jenkins is the guy who slipped through the cracks in this deep DL class .. if you watch his tape he is just so stout - and he can move too and i definitely agree about him coming in at NT ..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    He was on my radar big time heading into the combine and then I heard many of the same things andy did regarding his injuries as he pulled up lame in his 40. Maybe his training methods were flawed or he wasn't do something correctly? Anyone know how his pro day went? I'm not big on him with 31, but certainly after that I'd be OK.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Lions Host CB Ras-I Dowling
    The Detroit Lions hosted Virginia cornerback Ras-I Dowling on Wednesday, the team announced on its official website.

Dowling (6-2, 198) was an All-ACC selection his sophomore and junior seasons before struggling with injuries in 2010. During his four-year career, Dowling totaled 160 tackles, 28 passes defensed, 8 interceptions, and a quarterback sack.

Dowling ran a 4.40-40 at the Combine, but injured his hamstring and was unable to complete his workout or participate in Virginia's pro day. Earlier this week, Dowling ran in the 4.4-range in the 40 and posted a 38" vertical leap with a 10'8" broad jump.

With his combination of size, speed, and athleticism, Dowling is projected to be drafted on the second day of the draft.

My Mood
    Fine
    Steelers will take him in rd 1 unless the get a good deal for that31st spot.
    Yes I'm all for Jarvis Jenkins in the second.
    If we traded into the second round I'd be fine taking Jenkins first then a CB unless RAs or Brown were still on the board.

? Wouldn't make sense to take Rahim Moore seeing that when he was coached by CarnelL Lake he was a Ball HAwk with 10 INT'S?

--- Added 4/7/2011 at 01:39 PM ---

His ProDay he ran 4.36 and was great in drills He moved to Mike Mayocks # 4 CB and a late 1st early second pick.
    Biggest issue we have is Philly & New England.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-07-2011 at 02:39 PM.

imo moore is 2 years away from any significant playing time, which isnt really a bad thing but hes got alot of work to do....sure he can catch and run but hes very very raw and really needs to tighten up his game fundementally....id love him in the second, which is pretty much his ceiling imo, hes a 2-4 round guy

and i would like to see him play CB in the pros...hed be better than keenan lewis from day one

Thread Information