Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Gilbert

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Marcus Gilbert

Mike MAyock said that Scouts have told him that MArcus Gilbert is an early round 2 late rd 1. If the steelers cant get Mike Pouncey what do you think about taking the 6st best Tackle in the draft Marcus Gilbert? Would you Trade out of the round and take him in the upper 2nd round?
    I like marcus gilbert and if they're going to reach for a lineman at the end of rd just to fill that spot then Gilbert is who I want. However,I'd Trade out of rd 1 and pick him up plus extra picks.
    Teams that might look to get back into rd 1. Bills,Arizona,Cincy,Tenn,Minn & SanFran.
    I like the scenarios with Tenn,Minn & San Fran. San Fran gives us a 2nd & Two 4ths plus 6 or 7 but I'd ask for T Gibson back.
    Tenn & Minn 2nds,4ths,5th,s
    Ari,Bills,Cincy 2nd 6st.
    What do you think?

hes my dude....i wouldnt take him in 1 though, he should be there at 62 imo, and he would be a great pick there....overshadowed by the pounceys at UF but is a hell of a player in his own right

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes my dude....i wouldnt take him in 1 though, he should be there at 62 imo, and he would be a great pick there....overshadowed by the pounceys at UF but is a hell of a player in his own right
    I find it hard to pull the trigger on him in rd1 but If people have them looking at Ijalani & Watkins then I'd take Gilbert The Florida Gator.
    I just think I'd trade back into rd 2 for better value plus picking up extra picks.

Starter
    a guy that we will be talking about pulling the trigger on in round 1 is Ras-I come draft time .. should be a healthy debate ..

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    a guy that we will be talking about pulling the trigger on in round 1 is Ras-I come draft time .. should be a healthy debate ..
    Always liked Ras but too risky in rd 1. We already have injury prone players in the DB. Troy P & Bmac, not to mention a slow *** Ryan Clark. If Ras is their in the Second.

Starter
    he wont be

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    he wont be
    How far in the 2nd do you think he'll fall? I seen something before his pro day that said Detriot and you have to consider Oakland is jumping into The first or the 33rd pick for him.

Starter
    i honestly think we take him at 31

From what I understand, Ras-I had a great pro-day even though he was not 100% healthy. He ran as low as a 4.34 40, 38 inch vertical, and 10 foot 8 inch broad jump. He also looked really good in position drills. Not sure we take him at 31, but would be a steal in the 2nd if he is available.

Starter
    dude, 9 times out of 10 if you think it is a steal its not going to happen ..

Thread Information