Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade up for Pouncey?

Bookmark and Share

Trade up for Pouncey?

What are you guys' thoughts on trading our 1st and possible 2nd round picks this year to move up to get Pouncey, then take a corner or NT in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I think we could get good corners in the 3rd round who can contribute in a couple of years. Either way, hopefully we come out of the draft this year with a shutdown corner, replacement for Hampton, and another end to replace Keisel, in addition to another O-lineman. Thoughts?

Starter
    he is not good enough to trade up for imo .. if we trade up for OL i vote carimi or sherrod .. but if we can stay put and come away with a solid DB or heyward i am all for it ..

i dont like sherrod anymore, especially for us. carimi i love.

i think trading up for pouncey would be foolish, especially if it cost a first and a second. i love him, i think hed be an amazing adition to the team but he really isnt the type of guard that gets rarely coveted in the first round.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    no trading up... plenty of talent still at 31... BPA!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

i would trade up for amukamara, thats about it...this is one of the few years id actually be in favor of a trade down

My Mood
    Devilish
    i wouldnt necessarily be upset with trading up depending on which picks were traded. a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th would be acceptable. would give us a chance to get pouncey and the BPA corner which would shore up our two weakest positions. i hear miami is quasi shopping for trades @ #15, that could open up even more interesting possibilities. it isnt a lock that prince is gone in the top 10, should he fall to 15 i would be more than happy to take him and heyward in the first. and even if he is gone would anyone object to a possible cam jordan+heyward set of picks? or solder+heyward? how about jimmy smith + heyward?

the possibilities are very tempting especially if we bite the bullet and get a FA CB like J.Joseph or Cromartie and can therefore concentrate on linemen.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont like sherrod anymore, especially for us. carimi i love.

i think trading up for pouncey would be foolish, especially if it cost a first and a second. i love him, i think hed be an amazing adition to the team but he really isnt the type of guard that gets rarely coveted in the first round.
    carimi is the most draftable OL for us imo and i think he is the best in the class even if he ends up at RT.. i am tempted to still put sherrod ahead of castonzo,smith and solder simply because he looks like a more natural player but i can see why he might not be the best fit for us ...

I would really like Pouncey, but I would not trade up for him.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Would love to have Pouncey, but also do not believe he will be available and do not think it wise to trade up. I think sitting at 31 is the best course of action. This draft class isn't the strongest (except maybe for D-line) so taking the best player available at 31 may be the way to go
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i think its funny, that just cause we got his brother and hes gonna be an all pro, that now people are foaming at the mouth for his younger brother to join him in the 'burgh... will never happen
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information