Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: K Train's perfect steeler mock

Bookmark and Share
    doest heyward already have tendons stitched to his bones...

not sure thats a good start...

aaron and curtis is good.

Starter
    i'd say it looks like a good year to trade down or trade our 1st for a 1st next year and change ...

players who make sense to me between 40 and 70 .. Ras-I, Greg L, Jarvis Jenkins, Rahim Moore ..

i am expecting some debate on the last two names .. for jenkins, he is solid and has been noticed .. we cant get him much later ..

as for rahim, the talk of him being soft is sooo overblown ..i saw him make plenty of good tackles this year .. the comparisons to last years guys (ET, Berry) are not fair - they were once in while guys ...he is a center-fielder type who always seems to know where the ball is .. super hard worker and smart too ..

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    In the 3-4 defense, the DL is the key to letting the LB's wreak havoc. Heyward would be a great pick.

Today's NFL dictates having two play makers at RB. Moore should be gone, Redman is nothing more than situational, and Dwyer is a huge question. Devine would be a great pickup in the right round.

K-Train > Mel Kiper + Todd McShay...............nicely done!

Guys like McFadden, Gay, Spaeth, Battle, Randle El and Eason need to be packing there bags. We're not going to have much room at all for anyone in this years draft if we continue having these players who have no upside taking spots. You're just going to have a repeat of last year when we pretty much gave away our 4th round pick for nothing.

Starter
    my favorite to replace spaeth is rob housler ... 4th or move up in 5th ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    i'd say it looks like a good year to trade down or trade our 1st for a 1st next year and change ...

players who make sense to me between 40 and 70 .. Ras-I, Greg L, Jarvis Jenkins, Rahim Moore ..

i am expecting some debate on the last two names .. for jenkins, he is solid and has been noticed .. we cant get him much later ..

as for rahim, the talk of him being soft is sooo overblown ..i saw him make plenty of good tackles this year .. the comparisons to last years guys (ET, Berry) are not fair - they were once in while guys ...he is a center-fielder type who always seems to know where the ball is .. super hard worker and smart too ..
    Love me some jarvis jenkins...2nd or 3rd round guy imo, has some serious 5 tech potential and could even play nose.

moore i like, but i like him as more of a CB. Hes got a nose for the ball and awesome ball skills but he gets raped in the run game and not because hes "soft" but hes certainly not a guy you want as a last resort against steven jackson, especially with troy probably torpedoing himself out of the play already. If we want a centerfielder i want a guy like quinton carter, a guy that can lay the boom but has the closing speed to help troy..hes more of a CB/FS tweener, i like moore as a coverage CB.

I dont think hes soft, but i didnt really think reggie nelson was soft either and thats the kind of player moore COULD end up in the mold of if hes forced to play FS in the traditional sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Guys like McFadden, Gay, Spaeth, Battle, Randle El and Eason need to be packing there bags. We're not going to have much room at all for anyone in this years draft if we continue having these players who have no upside taking spots. You're just going to have a repeat of last year when we pretty much gave away our 4th round pick for nothing.
    agreed. i think eason and mcfadden can stay though for at least one more year

Starter
    i cant use guys like steven jackson as reason to avoid moore .. i would rather cite all the average WR's who have embarassed Clark as a reason to scoop him ..

anyhow, the trend is up tho on moore's game vs the run.. he looked much better as a tackler last season than in '09 (although there was "much left to be desired" to begin with) ..

but, im super-curious to know what you think about rob housler? this guy is the real deal and probably has the highest potential out of any TE in this class .. not a blocker, but the guy can outrun safeties and is all types of 6'5 250 ..

hes such a project....i really think lance kendricks is a steeler when draft time rolls around and i would honestly love the pick. i would actually really like rudolph in the second as well.

theres alot of guys like housler that can be had as UDFAs and rarely can stick to a roster....potential is certainly there but you see players in that mold every year, meanwhile kendricks imo profiles as a starter potential pro bowler

Starter
    dude, no way is housler just another in and out TE prospect .. sure, there is the small-school argument and the whole blocking thing, but his ability to stretch a defense is ridiculous .. he is a serious athlete/football player ..

Thread Information