Thread: Steeler heavy pro-days

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Steeler heavy pro-days

Tomlin and Lebeau visited Heyward's Pro-Day .. ...So with this and the entourage that was at Miami and Texas it looks like you could argue Heyward, Williams and Harris are likely targets in round 1 ... brown is a popular pick in the 2nd ..

apparently MT went to LSU as well .. so i would say they might be looking at Franklin, McCarthy, Hankerson, Tolliver, Sheppard, Barksdale and Acho ..

out of those names i am really only excited about the 1st round targets because i feel some of the guys in the second paragraph will be overdrafted .. the lsu guys could all end up to be best value later on imo..

those are the visits i could find .. anybody know of any others or like any of those names?
    Last edited by andyg1984; 03-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    Tomlin and Lebeau visited Heyward's Pro-Day .. ...So with this and the entourage that was at Miami and Texas it looks like you could argue Heyward, Williams and Harris are likely targets in round 1 ... brown is a popular pick in the 2nd ..

apparently MT went to LSU as well .. so i would say they might be looking at Franklin, McCarthy, Hankerson, Tolliver, Sheppard, Barksdale and Acho ..

out of those names i am really only excited about the 1st round targets because i feel some of the guys in the second paragraph will be overdrafted .. the lsu guys could all end up to be best value later on imo..

those are the visits i could find .. anybody know of any others or like any of those names?
    Hankerson went to Miami, not LSU but i imagine the steelers at miami looked hard and long at Harris, Bailey, hankerson, and Franklin.

i honestly am really really growing on curtis brown, i think he might be a better corner than aaron williams who has been mentioned as a FS (kind of prematurely imo) lately. But brown is not hurting himself with his workouts.

id actually be thrilled with aaron williams in the first and curtis brown in the second. sure up the secondary at 2 positions easily.

as far as LSU goes maybe they were looking at barksdale as a late round guy, or maybe they went to watch the patrick peterson show just for how damn impressive he is lol.

btw heyward at 31 makes me too happy for words

Starter
    yea, i know hank went to the U .. all the guys in the 2nd paragraph are ones that i am thinking we are targeting past 1, not from a particular school ..

Man, UT looks like "Defensive Back U" over the past couple years with ET, Williams and Brown ..

i cant find the link, but i did read something saying they were pretty interested in Sheppard ..

Texas has been really impressive. Michael Huff 7th overall, Aaron Ross Late first, Michael Griffen late first pro bowler, Earl Thomas top 15, Aaron williams probably late first, Curtis brown probaby second, chykie brown probably 3rd round....thats 7 drafted quite high, quality starters in like what 5 years? extremely impressive

My Mood
    Fine
    Steelers went to UNC I'm hoping for Greg Little. They went Washington. Some think to look at mason foster but I think it was for 6'6" Brandon Bair for the late rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id actually be thrilled with aaron williams in the first and curtis brown in the second. sure up the secondary at 2 positions easily.
    would be sweet but Curtis Brown will never see the 50's so its brown or williams at #31

then again,

if the bills, bengals, vikings, cardinals, panthers, seahawks... all want to pick up qb's there will be draft trades and more good players moving down to us or us maybe moving up a bit, so maybe we will see something totally differnet happen.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    would be sweet but Curtis Brown will never see the 50's so its brown or williams at #31

then again,

if the bills, bengals, vikings, cardinals, panthers, seahawks... all want to pick up qb's there will be draft trades and more good players moving down to us or us maybe moving up a bit, so maybe we will see something totally differnet happen.
    Love Curtis Brown. Don't forget about Tenn & San Fran for trades. Tenn gives us a 2,4,5 for our 1&6. San Fran gives us 2nd,two 4ths &6 or7. Id ask for T Gibson back instead of. 6&7.

Thread Information