Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Steeler heavy pro-days

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017

    Steeler heavy pro-days

    Tomlin and Lebeau visited Heyward's Pro-Day .. ...So with this and the entourage that was at Miami and Texas it looks like you could argue Heyward, Williams and Harris are likely targets in round 1 ... brown is a popular pick in the 2nd ..

    apparently MT went to LSU as well .. so i would say they might be looking at Franklin, McCarthy, Hankerson, Tolliver, Sheppard, Barksdale and Acho ..

    out of those names i am really only excited about the 1st round targets because i feel some of the guys in the second paragraph will be overdrafted .. the lsu guys could all end up to be best value later on imo..

    those are the visits i could find .. anybody know of any others or like any of those names?
    Last edited by andyg1984; 03-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    Tomlin and Lebeau visited Heyward's Pro-Day .. ...So with this and the entourage that was at Miami and Texas it looks like you could argue Heyward, Williams and Harris are likely targets in round 1 ... brown is a popular pick in the 2nd ..

    apparently MT went to LSU as well .. so i would say they might be looking at Franklin, McCarthy, Hankerson, Tolliver, Sheppard, Barksdale and Acho ..

    out of those names i am really only excited about the 1st round targets because i feel some of the guys in the second paragraph will be overdrafted .. the lsu guys could all end up to be best value later on imo..

    those are the visits i could find .. anybody know of any others or like any of those names?
    Hankerson went to Miami, not LSU but i imagine the steelers at miami looked hard and long at Harris, Bailey, hankerson, and Franklin.

    i honestly am really really growing on curtis brown, i think he might be a better corner than aaron williams who has been mentioned as a FS (kind of prematurely imo) lately. But brown is not hurting himself with his workouts.

    id actually be thrilled with aaron williams in the first and curtis brown in the second. sure up the secondary at 2 positions easily.

    as far as LSU goes maybe they were looking at barksdale as a late round guy, or maybe they went to watch the patrick peterson show just for how damn impressive he is lol.

    btw heyward at 31 makes me too happy for words

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    yea, i know hank went to the U .. all the guys in the 2nd paragraph are ones that i am thinking we are targeting past 1, not from a particular school ..

    Man, UT looks like "Defensive Back U" over the past couple years with ET, Williams and Brown ..

    i cant find the link, but i did read something saying they were pretty interested in Sheppard ..

  4. #4
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    Texas has been really impressive. Michael Huff 7th overall, Aaron Ross Late first, Michael Griffen late first pro bowler, Earl Thomas top 15, Aaron williams probably late first, Curtis brown probaby second, chykie brown probably 3rd round....thats 7 drafted quite high, quality starters in like what 5 years? extremely impressive

  5. #5
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Steelers went to UNC I'm hoping for Greg Little. They went Washington. Some think to look at mason foster but I think it was for 6'6" Brandon Bair for the late rounds.

  6. #6
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    6,084
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id actually be thrilled with aaron williams in the first and curtis brown in the second. sure up the secondary at 2 positions easily.
    would be sweet but Curtis Brown will never see the 50's so its brown or williams at #31

    then again,

    if the bills, bengals, vikings, cardinals, panthers, seahawks... all want to pick up qb's there will be draft trades and more good players moving down to us or us maybe moving up a bit, so maybe we will see something totally differnet happen.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    would be sweet but Curtis Brown will never see the 50's so its brown or williams at #31

    then again,

    if the bills, bengals, vikings, cardinals, panthers, seahawks... all want to pick up qb's there will be draft trades and more good players moving down to us or us maybe moving up a bit, so maybe we will see something totally differnet happen.
    Love Curtis Brown. Don't forget about Tenn & San Fran for trades. Tenn gives us a 2,4,5 for our 1&6. San Fran gives us 2nd,two 4ths &6 or7. Id ask for T Gibson back instead of. 6&7.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Found a Steeler bar in CA thanks to Steeler Addicts!
    By BLEEDZBLACKANDGOLD in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
  2. Tampa Steeler parties!!!
    By SteelCity Mafia in forum Steelers Tailgate Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
  3. PITT STADIUM DAYS
    By swissvale72 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •