Thread: Rodney Hudson to visit Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Rodney Hudson to visit Steelers

i like him, but i think he would be a reach in the 1st and not there in the 2nd ..

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Steelers.html

Hes so technically sound...probably missed 3 blocking assignments in his life. hes too small though to contribute for us right away...id take him in the late second or third and with his size he might fall that far

Starter
    some are saying his size is somewhat of a result of FSU's nutrition program .. i agree, the man is like an instructional blocking video .. a little more power at the point of attack and he would be pure stud

FSUs s&c program was an abortion up until last year (i believe they fixed it last year anyway)

I think Hudson would be a great pick in the 2nd rd if he is still available. He could easily put on 10-15 pounds in an off-season or two.

i think he needs to add a solid 30 pounds and not water weight he needs to really bulk up with functional weight and strength

Steelers Hosting Draft-Eligible Tackles
    The Pittsburgh Steelers announced that they are hosting three draft-eligible offensive tackles from the SEC on Friday.

Jarriel King (South Carolina), Marcus Gilbert (Florida), and James Carpenter (Alabama) are all visiting the team today.

Pittsburgh lost both of their starting tackles--Max Starks and Willie Colon--to injuries during the 2010 season. Colon could potentially be an unrestricted free agent this off-season, so the Steelers could look to add depth to the position in late April.

Carpenter (6-4, 321) spent the last two seasons starting at left tackle for the Crimson Tide, earning first-team All-SEC honors after last season. Carpenter may be better-suited for right tackle, or possibly guard, in the NFL, and is projected as a second-day selection.

The 6-6, 330-pound Gilbert made a few starts at both guard spots in 2007-08 before winning the right tackle job in 2009. Gilbert started at both tackle positions in 2010, and is projected to be a mid-round draft pick.

King is a former defensive lineman who converted to the offensive side of the ball upon transferring to South Carolina from junior college. The 6-5, 317-pounder started at left tackle and guard, but inconsistent play and an array of off-field issues have hurt hurt his draft stock.

Starter
    sweet, gilbert would be nice .. i wonder if pouncey is pushing for him ..

Thread Information