Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With the 31st pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Steelers select...

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    recount!

My Mood
    Fine
    Solder is a top 4 tackle and if you watched his pro day video you'd be happy with him. Plus he's a True Left Tackle. I wouldn't be upset. However I'd take Aaron Williams because he can play CB and then replace Ryan Clark at FS(if we dont resign IKE) or Replace Clark this year as we trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd. I can see the Steelers taking Rahim Moore and if they did I'd know that Carnell Lake is going to Change The DB's for the better.
    I think this years pick will be a surprise like Jacksonvilles last year. CURTIS BROWN TEXAS. It will be hard for them to not select Nate Solder. It will allow them to trade Max Starks saving money they can give to Woodley or FA Tyler Clabo.

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 02:10 PM ---

If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd ( they'd want to give up a 4 or 5 but because of knowledge of LeBeaus System,Horton's DB scheme we want a 3rd). I'd even consider swapping 2nd rounders for Clark but the extra pick is better.
    Then I'd know for sure they want CURTIS BROWN TEXAS in rd 1 or Steelers trade out of 1st into early 2nd then Select Brown & Cannon/Franklin/Ijalana.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-24-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Solder is a top 4 tackle and if you watched his pro day video you'd be happy with him. Plus he's a True Left Tackle. I wouldn't be upset. However I'd take Aaron Williams because he can play CB and then replace Ryan Clark at FS(if we dont resign IKE) or Replace Clark this year as we trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd. I can see the Steelers taking Rahim Moore and if they did I'd know that Carnell Lake is going to Change The DB's for the better.
    I think this years pick will be a surprise like Jacksonvilles last year. CURTIS BROWN TEXAS. It will be hard for them to not select Nate Solder. It will allow them to trade Max Starks saving money they can give to Woodley or FA Tyler Clabo.

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 02:10 PM ---

If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd ( they'd want to give up a 4 or 5 but because of knowledge of LeBeaus System,Horton's DB scheme we want a 3rd). I'd even consider swapping 2nd rounders for Clark but the extra pick is better.
    Then I'd know for sure they want CURTIS BROWN TEXAS in rd 1 or Steelers trade out of 1st into early 2nd then Select Brown & Cannon/Franklin/Ijalana.
    why would you want to weaken two positions by moving Ike to Free safety, a place he has never even attempted to play? then Ike's old spot is assumed by a rookie that is a crazy reach? both while still leaving the formerly two weakest places of our secondary unchanged with Bmac and Gay… that seems like the opposite of what i would want to do for just about EVERYTHING!

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 03:17 PM ---

what needs to happen is resign Ike and leave him where he has been our second best player in the secondary, dont fix what aint broken! Then draft best player available from OL, DL, CB, or maybe ILB. Plus let hope that one of the young guys in Lewis or Butler decide to step up because we cant continue to draft failures in the middle rounds at corner and just expect something different to happen. who knows maybe the CBA will get done and Lake will be able to work some magic with one of them?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd
    Wow, really? Clark isnt worth a 5th... Move Ike, that makes sense considering hes our best CB hands down...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Starter
    yeah, ike stays at CB and we are not getting a 3rd for clark lol ..

as for solder, why do you mention his pro-day as a reason to like him? i see him as a guy who is going to struggle with the bull-rush as well as benders..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    no need for Steeler mocks this year...

just sit back order a pizza and enjoy watching football b/c this years pick is already in the bag...

BEST PLAYER AVAILIBLE, plain and simple...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    no need for Steeler mocks this year...

just sit back order a pizza and enjoy watching football b/c this years pick is already in the bag...

BEST PLAYER AVAILIBLE, plain and simple...
    If Solders there at 31 he would be BPA and I guess that will pissu people off.lol

--- Added 3/25/2011 at 04:54 AM ---

As far as moving Ike. He's 31 still has speed & knows the system. With a new DB coach I hope we'd have a change on the back end. Time for Lewis or Butler to step up,draft a cover corner who will get a real chance to Start. Move Bmac to nickel and bye bye to William Gay or vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    If Solders there at 31 he would be BPA and I guess that will pissu people off.lol

--- Added 3/25/2011 at 04:54 AM ---

As far as moving Ike. He's 31 still has speed & knows the system. With a new DB coach I hope we'd have a change on the back end. Time for Lewis or Butler to step up,draft a cover corner who will get a real chance to Start. Move Bmac to nickel and bye bye to William Gay or vice versa
    That makes a little more sence but maybe switch Lewis to FS. If Ike is back he is entrenched as the starter at corner. I hope Butler is good...

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by $teelersRule View Post
    That makes a little more sence but maybe switch Lewis to FS. If Ike is back he is entrenched as the starter at corner. I hope Butler is good...
    Troy will trust Ike and so will LeBeau. I know IKE is our best Corner I just really what some new blood in the back part of that Defense. With Troy & Ike having The Safety spots lock down We start the youth movement.

We have Picked up Donovan Warren,Have Lewis & Butler, Mundy is good & Bmac is ok.
    They need to decide if they want Bmac or are going to Resign William Gay. I think they like Gay Better and he's healthier.

Waterboy
    Hi guys, the first round is now complete.

You can check out a little summary of the results here:

Interactive Mock Draft

Click on the results tab to see who each team took and how the first round played out.

Also, I'm going to be running a new Interactive Mock starting Sunday, so feel free to bookmark the page and get ready to vote again if you are interested.

Thread Information