Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Prospects

Bookmark and Share

Visiting Prospects

First wave include Romeus, Sheard, Baldwin, Hynoski, Pinkston, DeCicco

all local guys so they dont count towards the 30 allowed

i personally like romeus alot more than sheard...sheard had a good year across from romeus 2 years ago and put together a nice season without him last year but romeus could easily be had in the 3rd and be an OLB for us, or even take the keisel route of being a DE and beef up 30 pounds.

sheard is alot like woodley imo, but he will go late first/top half of the second. i do not like baldwin, but if hes there at 62 i think id have to take a chance.

pinkson is a 4th-5th round guard imo
    Last edited by K Train; 03-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    First wave include Romeus, Sheard, Baldwin, Hynoski, Pinkston, DeCicco

all local guys so they dont count towards the 30 allowed

i personally like romeus alot more than sheard...sheard had a good year across from romeus 2 years ago and put together a nice season without him last year but romeus could easily be had in the 3rd and be an OLB for us, or even take the keisel route of being a DE and beef up 30 pounds.

sheard is alot like woodley imo, but he will go late first/top half of the second. i do not like baldwin, but if hes there at 62 i think id have to take a chance.

pinkson is a 4th-5th round guard imo
    Romeus wouldnt be a bad choice, I'd like to pick up Austin Pettis or Shane Vereen in the 3rd. A Skill weapon in the 3rd and finally get better quality Oline/Dline DB in the first 2 rounds.

Starter
    lewis visited too, right?

our skill position guy for me is greg little all day and early .. also think we could really use a better bu RB (shane vereen, taiwan jones) ..
    Last edited by andyg1984; 03-16-2011 at 05:35 PM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I have a question about pre draft visits.

What constitutes local ? Can Jax and Tampa Bay bring in players from FSU
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I have a question about pre draft visits.

What constitutes local ? Can Jax and Tampa Bay bring in players from FSU
    i believe they can. local for us would include pitt, and i THINK wvu and psu as far as major schools go. little schools like shippensburg (kuhn and grimes) and IUP (AOA last year) might still be considered local

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i believe they can. local for us would include pitt, and i THINK wvu and psu as far as major schools go. little schools like shippensburg (kuhn and grimes) and IUP (AOA last year) might still be considered local
    Ok, thanks. I've googled it ,looked in the NFL rule book but can't find a word about it.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Fine
    Heres what Gery Dulac said in his PG+ blog about the Steelers Draft

If I’m the Steelers, I’m taking cornerbacks on two of the first three rounds of the draft, and here’s why:
    Because of the expiration of the CBA, free agency has been delayed until after the draft, which means the Steelers won’t know what will happen with CB Ike Taylor, who is an unrestricted free agent. Granted, the Steelers have told Taylor they want to re-sign him, but what if he decides he can get a better offer on the open market.
    Please don’t tell me Taylor might want to stay because he is playing for a winning team and might have a chance to go to another Super Bowl. When you already own two Super Bowl rings, which Taylor does, another one doesn’t matter. What does matter is dollar signs, lots of em, and I don’t blame him.
    But, also, if free agency was in its normal time period – before the draft – the Steelers could have tried to plug a hole in their secondary by signing a veteran corner who, if nothing else, could have been a nickel or dime back. Someone, say, like Ronde Barber of Tampa Bay, who ended up re-signing with the Bucs anyway. But you get my point.
    Now, because of the uncertainty of free agency, the Steelers do not really know if they will be able to improve – or even maintain – the quality of play with their corners.
    Which is why I wouldn’t object at all if the Steelers did what they did in 2007 when their first two picks came from the same position – linebacker. That’s when they took Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley and set themselves up for the future. They can do the same for the cornerback position.

thats idiotic. you dont lock in on taking 2 CBs in 3 rounds, thats the worst draft strategy you could ever have. by all means if brandon harris is there in the first, take his *** but dont reach for some bum in round 2 or 3 cause you want a CB. I love carmichael and hes mad it publicly known he wants to be a steeler and hes a 3rd/4th round guy.

id still like to see what lewis can do out there....even though im 80% sure hes gonna suck, id like to think some picks from that draft could be effective besides wallace and partially hood

My Mood
    Fine
    Harris or Williams in rd 1, carmichael in 4 or. Richard Sherman

Still hoping Jimmy Smith's off field issues lets him fall to us. He's a better corner than Harris.

Thread Information