Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting Prospects

Bookmark and Share
    not by a long shot. i like jimmy smith, but hes not even the most polished corner on colorado. hes gonna be drafted heavily on his size/speed ratio of potential. harris is 10x more polished and the overall better corner by far. jimmys upside might be higher

I liked Jimmy Smith as a Steeler before all of his off the field issues started being discussed. While I don't care a whole lot, I just don't see the Steelers pulling the trigger on Smith if he's there. With Ben's dirty laundry and the Santonio Holmes experience, I think they are going to target a quiet player.

After the combine I was very impressed with Harris. I'm not scared off by his size. He's about the same stature as Revis and we all know how that worked out. He's got the skills to play zone or man, and he is stocky enough to make the tackles. I think he would be a solid pick and long term answer at CB.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Still hoping Jimmy Smith's off field issues lets him fall to us. He's a better corner than Harris.
    But will The Steelers take him with those off field issues? I don't see him falling past Ravens.

--- Added 3/18/2011 at 12:25 PM ---

I think they'd take Harris or Williams because they don't have Smiths issues
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-19-2011 at 05:30 PM.

http://steelershallway.blogspot.com/...n-to-talk.html

The Steelers will have a pre-draft visit with California defensive end Cameron Jordan. The senior will visit not only the Steelers, but Buffalo and Tampa Bay, as well, according to Joe Fortenbaugh of the National Football Post. Jordan has already sat down with the Lions.

Last season with Cal he had 34 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks, he also was dominant at the 2011 Senior Bowl, though he did not play on Chan Gailey’s South squad. Jordan measured in at 6′4″ and 287 pounds at the Combine, with gigantic arms (35″) and hands (11.1″) – perfect for a 3-4 defensive end. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.78 seconds.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    http://steelershallway.blogspot.com/...n-to-talk.html

The Steelers will have a pre-draft visit with California defensive end Cameron Jordan. The senior will visit not only the Steelers, but Buffalo and Tampa Bay, as well, according to Joe Fortenbaugh of the National Football Post. Jordan has already sat down with the Lions.

Last season with Cal he had 34 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks, he also was dominant at the 2011 Senior Bowl, though he did not play on Chan Gailey’s South squad. Jordan measured in at 6′4″ and 287 pounds at the Combine, with gigantic arms (35″) and hands (11.1″) – perfect for a 3-4 defensive end. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.78 seconds.
    He wont get past New England Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    But will The Steelers take him with those off field issues? I don't see him falling past Ravens.

--- Added 3/18/2011 at 12:25 PM ---

I think they'd take Harris or Williams because they don't have Smiths issues
    CB Peterson scored a 9 on his wonderlic... thats out of 50? WR Green beat him with a 10.

Starter
    yeah, jordan and watt would have a tough time getting by new/sd there in the high teens ... im thinking clayborn is going to slip (if you can call it that at this point) ..

Thread Information