Thread: Draft Day Trades

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Fine

Draft Day Trades

If we have a New CBA I'd like to see the following Draft Day Trades and Free agent signings.
    FA
    Marcus Spears DE
    Vernon Ghoulston ( we can get the best out of him)
    Fabion Washington
    Marshal Yanda & or Jared Gathier

Draft Day Trades
    CHris K Bears 1st, Bills 2nd rd, Dangle to Eagle for 1st or swap, ANybody's Early rd 2 pick
    Max Starks bears 1st or others 2nd rounder
    Ryan Clark to Arizona 2nd/3rd rounder or 4th rd & swap of 2nd rd

Re sign Tony Hills or hope some else signs him and that gives us a 4th
    Re sign William Gay he's getting better and know the system( especially if we trade clark)
    Sign & trade Dennis Dickson If your not going to give him a shot, get something for him.
    Keep lines of communication open with Willie Colon He may not be as valuable to others on the open market.

What do you think?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I stopped reading and negated this post when I saw, "resign William gay"

Sorry

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post

Sorry
    The rest was okay...but Gay? I can't take another year of him. His prime is past. He has had moments of adequacy but they are few and far between.

I liked the idea about Colon. They might get some real value for him if they are willing to trade.
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Fine
    The only reason to resign Gay is if you trade Ryan Clark and because of injuries to B mac

--- Added 3/10/2011 at 10:10 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post

Sorry
    It was Gays fumble return that put us in the SuperBowl. I say resign if we trade Clark. Bmac got torched. Clark got torched and Gay got torched. Gay still has an upside. Bmac injuries.Clarke age lack of speed.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    The only reason to resign Gay is if you trade Ryan Clark and because of injuries to B mac

--- Added 3/10/2011 at 10:10 PM ---

It was Gays fumble return that put us in the SuperBowl. I say resign if we trade Clark. Bmac got torched. Clark got torched and Gay got torched. Gay still has an upside. Bmac injuries.Clarke age lack of speed.
    i dunno, i had my doubts about gay when i saw him get literally run over by adrian peterson. i mean yeah, its adrian peterson and all but that was just embarrassing. i had a feeling then that things just wrent going to work out with gay. while he may still have an upside, its a bit lower than your average NFL CB's downside. he looked LOST just like bfad did in the SB. like he wandered away from mommy in the grocery store or something.

id rather keep clark, dump bmac and gay and draft 2-3 CB's, some Oline and a LB or two(cause, well, thats what we do lol). then again, someone mentioned trading clark and moving gay to safety, which im not wholly convinced is a good idea but am willing to admit that it's still intriguing to some degree.

either way bfad is gone and gay is no longer playing CB.

and that makes little suzie very happy.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    If we have a New CBA I'd like to see the following Draft Day Trades and Free agent signings.
    FA
    Marcus Spears DE
    Vernon Ghoulston ( we can get the best out of him)
    Fabion Washington
    Marshal Yanda & or Jared Gathier

Draft Day Trades
    CHris K Bears 1st, Bills 2nd rd, Dangle to Eagle for 1st or swap, ANybody's Early rd 2 pick
    Max Starks bears 1st or others 2nd rounder
    Ryan Clark to Arizona 2nd/3rd rounder or 4th rd & swap of 2nd rd

Re sign Tony Hills or hope some else signs him and that gives us a 4th
    Re sign William Gay he's getting better and know the system( especially if we trade clark)
    Sign & trade Dennis Dickson If your not going to give him a shot, get something for him.
    Keep lines of communication open with Willie Colon He may not be as valuable to others on the open market.

What do you think?
    Id try Ghoulston out, id rather have T. Gibson back tho..

Hills is a joke...

Gay is so painful to watch, the only thing he can do well is blitz, hes not a #2 CB, hes not even a Nickel... at best hes an average dime. plain and simple.

Not going to trade Kemo or Starks, sorry wont happen.

Ryan Clark is very overrated, he is slow. All he can do is hit. We kept him b/c we didnt have anything else and he already knows the system and works well w/ Troys style of play...

No one does sign and trades in the NFL anymore. If Dixon draws attention he'll be gone if not he will be behind Ben and be happy about it.

The sad thing is every year (last couple at least) our offseason has been the same thing, need OL and DB's (and becareful our DL is getting old)...
    Where are all of these young DB's we drafted? Butler, Lewis yet we still had to watch Anthony Madison playing in playoffs... anthony FRICKIN madison, anthony (5' nothing) madison... are you freaking kidding me, a career special teamer in during the playoffs!

Yeah our OL got beat up all year, but were potentially close to having a decent line for Ben (if can they all can stay healthy). i think we'll keep colon and i personally dont expect adams back unless they re-do his contract.
    LT - starks
    LG - kemo
    C - pouncey
    RG - foster/draft pick (or colon)
    RT - colon/adams (or draft pick)

im so tired of watching a suspect secondary and OL... i understand Ben is gonna take his hits (thats when hes at his best), and our D usually is good enuff that the O has to throw on us alot... but damn man, seeing these "pretenders" out their on the field drives me insane. i guess its a fine line between "Potential and a Pile of Crap"
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Id try Ghoulston out, id rather have T. Gibson back tho..

Hills is a joke...

Gay is so painful to watch, the only thing he can do well is blitz, hes not a #2 CB, hes not even a Nickel... at best hes an average dime. plain and simple.

Not going to trade Kemo or Starks, sorry wont happen.

Ryan Clark is very overrated, he is slow. All he can do is hit. We kept him b/c we didnt have anything else and he already knows the system and works well w/ Troys style of play...

No one does sign and trades in the NFL anymore. If Dixon draws attention he'll be gone if not he will be behind Ben and be happy about it.

The sad thing is every year (last couple at least) our offseason has been the same thing, need OL and DB's (and becareful our DL is getting old)...
    Where are all of these young DB's we drafted? Butler, Lewis yet we still had to watch Anthony Madison playing in playoffs... anthony FRICKIN madison, anthony (5' nothing) madison... are you freaking kidding me, a career special teamer in during the playoffs!

Yeah our OL got beat up all year, but were potentially close to having a decent line for Ben (if can they all can stay healthy). i think we'll keep colon and i personally dont expect adams back unless they re-do his contract.
    LT - starks
    LG - kemo
    C - pouncey
    RG - foster/draft pick (or colon)
    RT - colon/adams (or draft pick)

im so tired of watching a suspect secondary and OL... i understand Ben is gonna take his hits (thats when hes at his best), and our D usually is good enuff that the O has to throw on us alot... but damn man, seeing these "pretenders" out their on the field drives me insane. i guess its a fine line between "Potential and a Pile of Crap"
    Very well said, I like That.

I think its time to put IKE at Safety while he still has speed and cover skills. Time to get those young bucks on the field & draft smart fast guys in this draft. Lets see what Carnell Lake is going to do with them.
    The trades depend on the CBA getting done before The draft. I like Starks & Kemo and really wouldn't want to trade both of them but from the business side of things Dangling Kemo out there could get you a late 1 or early 2nd rounder. Especially to the Bears in rd1 Bills,Cards,Cowboys in d 2.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Thread Information