Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiki Barber seems interested in the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Tiki Barber seems interested in the Steelers

Tiki Barber seems interested in the Stehttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/elers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 10, 2011, 11:22 AM EST

A report surfaced in the New York Post Thursday stating that the Steelers “has emerged as a possible landing spot” for Tiki Barber.

Or at least Barber seems to hope so.

“There could be something down the line with Barber and the Steelers, according to two sources who stated that Barber would certainly be interested in restarting his career in Pittsburgh,” Paul Schwartz wrote.

It’s hard to tell if there is much meat on this bone or if Barber just likes the idea of the Steelers because they are contenders with a good coach.

While the Steelers could use a third-down back with Mewelde Moore set to hit free agency, Barber doesn’t fit the Steelers profile. They rarely sign aging free agents (unless they are ex-Steelers), and like most teams would expect a backup running back to contribute on special teams.

Barber’s agent says he hasn’t spoken with other teams yet, even though he said there were “interested parties” just a few days ago.

“In light of the fact that [the Giants] will not be retaining his rights, and have stated such publicly, we are hoping that we can begin speaking with other teams as soon as possible,” agent Mark Lepselter told the Post.

There’s really no gray area here. Lepselter will have to wait for a CBA agreement to speak to other teams.

Or at least he’ll have to wait to admit to speaking to other teams. Again.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Tiki may have interest in the Steelers but I doubt they have any interest in Him.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Horny
    I rather have willie parker back!!

No thanks "has been"!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I say bring back Amos Zereoue.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There would no reason whatsoever to bring in Barber; this is just Tiki talking about who he'd like to play for. The Steelers should have no interest in him at all; if they did it would basically be trading Mewelde Moore for Tiki Barber, and I'll take Moore thank you...

Zereoue , whicha away have you gone ??? lol

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Steelers don’t share Tiki Barber’s interest

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EST

Tiki Barber may be interested in ending his NFL retirement and signing with the Steelers, but the Steelers don’t share Barber’s interest in getting a deal done.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers have no interest in Barber.

Technically, Barber remains under contract to the Giants, although the Giants have already announced that they’ll release him as soon as teams are allowed to make personnel moves.

The soon-to-be 36-year-old Barber says he’ll be healthy, in shape and ready to go for the 2011 season. So far there’s been no confirmed interest from any team.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Steelers don’t share Tiki Barber’s interest

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EST

Tiki Barber may be interested in ending his NFL retirement and signing with the Steelers, but the Steelers don’t share Barber’s interest in getting a deal done.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers have no interest in Barber.

Technically, Barber remains under contract to the Giants, although the Giants have already announced that they’ll release him as soon as teams are allowed to make personnel moves.

The soon-to-be 36-year-old Barber says he’ll be healthy, in shape and ready to go for the 2011 season. So far there’s been no confirmed interest from any team.
    Thats what every team wants! A 36 year old running back that hasn't played in 4 years.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Wasnt it Tiki would fumbled alot early in his career and then just stopped fumbling his last couple seasons? That might be worth something, if he could teach Mendy, Redman and Dwyer how not to fumble the ball.

Thread Information