Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney joins NFL, players' union talks

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    we are talking about the NFLPA in 2011 - they no longer serve their original purpose just as all other unions fail in the same regard ..

    but tbh i messed up and gave my political opinion on steeleraddicts which is a party foul .. if we wanna talk about that stuff we should do it on cnn or something .. my bad for starting this ..

  2. #22
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,964
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    we are talking about the NFLPA in 2011 - they no longer serve their original purpose just as all other unions fail in the same regard ..

    but tbh i messed up and gave my political opinion on steeleraddicts which is a party foul .. if we wanna talk about that stuff we should do it on cnn or something .. my bad for starting this ..
    Its OK. We can handle it...

  3. #23
    Rookie Free Agent hit 'n run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    72

    1911 and 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    we are talking about the NFLPA in 2011 - they no longer serve their original purpose just as all other unions fail in the same regard ..

    but tbh i messed up and gave my political opinion on steeleraddicts which is a party foul .. if we wanna talk about that stuff we should do it on cnn or something .. my bad for starting this ..
    Once again, andyg1984, your post indicates you have missed the point.

    -> The present is the result of the past.
    You had asked what unions have ever done - EVER - to benefit anyone. So I answered your stupefying question by identifying only a few of these benefits.

    And now you've issued your edict that it's wrong to discuss things "political" in this forum.

    But hey - guess what?
    -> The subject of unions, most especially and particularly the NFLPA in 2011, is inherently political and relevant.

    Why? Because the core purpose for ANY employees' union is FAIR COMMERCE and FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES = Economics.

    With 9 BILLION dollars $$$ at the foundation of the NFLPA's challenge to the League, this discussion is, in fact, appropriate.
    Whether that matches your opinion or not.

    P.S.
    No one is objecting to your voiced disdain for unions' and your sweeping generalization that "they no longer serve their original purpose." -> ????
    Because you say so?
    You base that observation on "evidence" you choose not to share.
    (thanks for sparing us)
    But I bet, if you are employed in a full-time job, that you enjoy paid vacation days, paid sick days, a forty hour work week, paid overtime, and fire escapes in your office/place of employment. Maybe even a health care plan.
    -> For ALL of these, you can thank the courageous union movement of a hundred years ago.

  4. #24
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    lol, the funny part is how much thought you put into that.. again, if you want to tell me something modern unions do that is helpful for consumers, do it somewhere else ...also, it would be a little helpful if you sound a little less like a freshman in college..

  5. #25
    Duke of 531
    airbrake 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    lincoln place
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    lol, the funny part is how much thought you put into that.. again, if you want to tell me something modern unions do that is helpful for consumers, do it somewhere else ...also, it would be a little helpful if you sound a little less like a freshman in college..
    amen...it's really beautiful to watch the dying gasps of organized labor...unions look at businesses and local ,state and the federal goverments as bottomless pits of cash...it's really nice to see business and goverments(like in wisconsin ) finally stand up to these thugs and start twisting back on that strong arm they have used for years...the tax payers are not a bottomless pit of money and it's time we stood up and fought back...these fools aren't going to go away quietly though we should be prepared for blood, they aren't going to let their cozy existances go away without a fight...perhaps someday in america we will have a true meritocracy and america can get back to work competing against the world or we will be left in these other country's dust

  6. #26
    Draft Pick Deviouz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    250
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    lol, the funny part is how much thought you put into that.. again, if you want to tell me something modern unions do that is helpful for consumers, do it somewhere else ...also, it would be a little helpful if you sound a little less like a freshman in college..
    wow. i havent seen a backpedal/sidestep like that for some time. you DID after all ask

    what has a union ever done
    well, you got your answer but now you've changed your tune. that sort of thing never fails to amuse me.

    regardless, unions have pretty much outlived their usefulness. in the early days unions were a good thing. they fought for and won concessions that we take for granted every day. the problem is that they succumbed to the same thing that they were fighting against in the beginning. namely greed. unfortunately they became just as bad as the greedy bitches they were opposed to.

    but somebody had to do something at some point.

    i will give you one thing though, this probably isnt the best place to discuss this sort of thing, neither politics or religion are subjects that lend themselves to peaceful discussion. maybe over in the Line of Scrimmage but even then i think its a little too touchy a subject.

    but if you really are interested in discussing such things www.thirdrailforum.com is a great place for that. cnn.com sucks. its full of Nazi mods and unrealistic rules about things like cursing and respecting things and people that dont actually deserve that respect. if you truly have conviction in your beliefs and think you can reasonably defend them, give it a try. but be warned, its not your typical kiddie gloves type of place.


  7. #27
    Rookie Free Agent hit 'n run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    72

    Facts & Reality

    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    lol, the funny part is how much thought you put into that.. again, if you want to tell me something modern unions do that is helpful for consumers, do it somewhere else ...also, it would be a little helpful if you sound a little less like a freshman in college..
    Nice try, andyg1984.
    Well, not so nice, actually. But at least it's your attempt, however invalid and emotional.

    This post of yours is readily understandable as a juvenile effort to salvage a measure of dignity - after being bludgeoned by facts.
    (Look up the definition of "fact". I spelled it for you, to help you locate it in the dictionary. You're welcome, btw)

    Armed with zero "evidence" to support your emotional and sweeping generalization about unions, you attempt to dilute my statements (all based on facts) by instructing me to prove something??? And "somewhere else", no less???
    -> Why are you running from this forum?
    Why not here?
    You introduced your sloppy and emotional opinions right here.

    I'm not the one with the burden of proof here, andyg1984.
    -> You are.

    As Lambert might say: Rub some dirt on your wounds, and GET UP.
    P.S.
    What an emotional fellow you are, andyg1984. There is, in fact, another realm (other than elemental, childish emotions) to operate in:
    It's the realm of facts and present reality. But this realm does demand a
    mastery of the capability to think.
    P.P.S.
    As for your remark about "thought" - I strongly urge you to learn how to think.
    Last edited by hit 'n run; 03-14-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: clarity

  8. #28
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    do you want me to send you a Microeconomics 101 textbook to understand the shortcomings of modern labor unions?

    i guess they probably don't hand those out at Liberal U along with a lesson how to maximize the number of ideas for a given amount words ..

  9. #29
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Political talk really shouldn't be going here period so lets try to leave the conversation to the lock out........But some of you I know that is to hard for you to do......

    --- Added 3/14/2011 at 11:40 AM ---

    Lets see yesterday was Sunday and I had a full day........Played in a Texas Hold'em Tourney at my local casino.......Checked on my friends dogs since they're away for a few days........Spent time with another friend.....Plenty of things to do on Sundays even without the NFL.....My life doesn't revolve around a sports league or team.....lol So I can my NFL Sundays just fine if the lock out wipes out the season......

  10. #30
    Rookie Free Agent hit 'n run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    72

    Dismissed.

    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    do you want me to send you a Microeconomics 101 textbook to understand the shortcomings of modern labor unions?

    i guess they probably don't hand those out at Liberal U along with a lesson how to maximize the number of ideas for a given amount words ..
    You're out of your league, andyg1984.
    Unfortunately, you don't have what it takes to just admit it.

    Or maybe you've lost your white flag...

    No more time for you - you're dismissed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dirty Little Secret
    By Scorp in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 06:37 AM
  2. It's pretty hard to hate the STEELERS!
    By LatrobePA in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
  3. The Gospel 4..The Steelers take over the Desert
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  4. The Gospel / Week #3
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 10:27 AM
  5. Behind Enemy Lines: Pittsburgh Steelers.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •