Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who solidifies the Steelers 3rd Wide Receiver spot in 2011? Sanders or Brown?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Who solidifies the Steelers 3rd Wide Receiver spot in 2011? Sanders or Brown?

Both Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown had really good years in 2010. Their rookie campaigns proved more valuable than probably most of us realized they would be. When Santonio Holmes was traded, we knew these 2 would have to take on a more active role.

I was complete impressed with both of them, as was most of the Steeler Nation I'm sure. With a year under their belt, who do you think will nail down the 3rd spot next season? Or will Tomlin keep them in a rotation similar to what he did for a lot of the 2010 season? At this point it honestly could go either way, both guys are capable of big plays and clutch catches at any given moment. Both have great speed and a fearless mentality to go over the middle and secure the ball.

If I had to choose one right now I would probably give Sanders the slight edge, but you can't go wrong either way. As far as we know Brown will continue to be the punt return guy for the future too.

Obviously a lot of things can happen, but it's interesting to think about as we continue through this crazy offseason in hopes of even having a 2011 season.

My Mood
    Pimp
    3A.
    3B.

NO A-R-E.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I am hoping Sweed breaks out this year and this actually becomes even more complicated on who the #3 WR will be. However, if I had to chose, I liked what I saw in Sanders more than Brown as a complete WR.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I am hoping Sweed breaks out this year and this actually becomes even more complicated on who the #3 WR will be. However, if I had to chose, I liked what I saw in Sanders more than Brown as a complete WR.
    That's a good point, although it will be hard for Sweed, it won't be impossible for him to make the roster and contribute. I would love to see him have a great offseason, camp, and preseason for starters. If he can stay healthy and just flat out get better all the way around he could give us yet another weapon and perhaps make things interesting for the 5th and 6th WR spots.

My Mood
    Love
    I wish Sweed, Brown, and Sanders the best and may the better reciever win.

I could see Sanders taking it, simply because his route-running is better.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    sanders hands down... honestly i dont expect much outta brown (other than return game) so i view that whatever brown gives us as a WR is a double bonus.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Sanders hands down. I hope all three of them get moving to better production. Going to be wild training camp. Let's just pray and hope there is an NFL season.

Sweed will be out to prove something...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Sweed will be out to prove something...
    If not, we always have a IR spot with his name on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information