Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Addicts is Mobile!

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Steeler Addicts is Mobile!

SA is increasing our online and social media presence yet again! In addition to already being "android native" and online with Tapatalk, we now have our first Android App!

The app will give live updates on breaking Steelers news, new threads posted in the Steelers section, new articles posted up in the blog, and a timeline of our recent tweets. The app can be configured to turn on and off the alerts. If they are on, you'll get alerts in the notification bar of your phone and you can click on that alert and go right to the app to read the full story. If you prefer, you can turn off the Alerts and just view the app whenever you like to get the updates. Each time you launch the app it will refresh the feeds for you. You can also manually refresh the feeds anytime by clicking the "refresh" button to the right of each section of the app. This app is "read only" , but it's quite handy whenever you want to see what new posts are being made. It makes getting breaking news more convenient than ever!

The new app was created by an independent 3rd party, a very popular resource for many forums and blogs who want to have an android market presence. The banner ad at the bottom of the app does not generate any revenue for us, it's part of the setup determined by the app creator. Also, you will occasionally see a video ad when you launch a thread, which lasts for about 10 seconds or so. Again, we have no control over that but I have been assured you will not see it all the time when utilizing the app. This is basically how the company makes their money. They do have a plan that will eliminate ads completely, which we may go to at some point, and I would prefer that actually, but we want to see how this goes over for now.

We are also, and have been for quite some time, on Tapatalk. For those that use the Tapatalk app, all you have to do is search for "steelers" or "steeler addicts" within Tapatalk and you'll see us. You can immediately bring up a Tapatalk version of SA and view, reply, start new threads, for any section of SA. You can also check your PM's via Tapatalk too. If you like, you can add SA to your favorites so it's easily accessible anytime you launch the app or set a widget on your phone so you can launch directly into SA via Tapatalk.

=====================================

To see some screenshots of the app you can click here

If you have a barcode scanner on your phone now (such as shopsavvy), you can scan the image below and be taken directly to the app on the market. Or you can just search the Android Market for "steeleraddicts" and you'll find us. Please sure to comment and rate the app on the market.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-27-2012 at 08:41 AM.

My Mood
    Horny
    Way to go Matt SA keeps growing and growing have to love that! I downloaded the app it works great and looks great!!Job well done!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I am currently working on making an SA app that would incorporate things like Steelers ring tones, sound bites, and images for phone wallpaper.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    for iPhone

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I actually have inquiries into the developer as we speak to find out the possibilities of getting us on the iphone too!

My Mood
    Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I actually have inquiries into the developer as we speak to find out the possibilities of getting us on the iphone too!
    Get it done...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Installed. Looks good Matt!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    for iPhone
    Try the Tapatalk for IPhone, it's pretty cool. I have a IPhone and use it all the time. Like Matt said, you can reply to threads, view and send PM's, see who is online and u can even edit your replies. The only thing u can't do is mod privileges. Comes in handy when you are away from your comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I got word back from the developers of the app on the status of one for the itunes store. Apparently Apple is quite picky (imagine that), and difficult to deal with when it comes to adding new apps to their store. Our app needs to be on the market for awhile and gain some popularity and download trends to reference before they can go to Apple ask to have this one submitted.

So it's not out of the question yet but it won't happen immediately unfortunately.

Congratulations, Matt. I have a Blackberry so got to wait til next August til I get a upgrade on my phone. This is a very exciting time for SA. proud of all the work the guys here have done to make us so damn popular among the Steelers Nation.

Thread Information