Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrisons Days Numbered?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Harrisons Days Numbered?

James Harrison just had his second back surgery and is already over 32 years of age.

Could this spell the beginning of the end?

What you think?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Hes a young 32 and they arent chronic back problems....he takes really good care of himself during the year, i dont see this being an issue. i think hes got at least 3-4 years left in him and could probably shift inside during or after that time

Starter
    i am not expecting to see him playing at such a high-level 2012ish due to the reasons you mentioned above.. age is unavoidable and the back-surgery has to, at minimum, impact his training regimen this year ..

he should be good to go when the lockout is done lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nah it's not a long term issue. He's had that injury since the game when the Jets came to Pittsburgh in the regular season (if I remember right). The first surgery was to fix that and the 2nd one to clean up some scare tissue and what not from the first one. He's been doing acupuncture and oxygen therapy ever since, along with regular massages. He'll be more than good to when off season activities start up...whenever that is.

The dude spends thousands of dollars on acupuncture therapists that he flies in from all over the country, and he does the hyperbaric chamber regularly to aid with healing and recovery from physical toll his body takes each week.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well hey, he's already threatened to retire once.

two back surgeries are kind of miss-leading as well. He had one, and then he had a follow up to clean up some stuff. Nothing was repaired on the second one.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    any guesses as to how long until he is able to fully lift and everything?

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    any guesses as to how long until he is able to fully lift and everything?
    Back surgery recovery time can vary significantly from one injury to another and from one person to another. Harrison had a portion of a herniated disc removed in his lower back and I believe it was arthroscopic surgery. I am confident that he is already exercising; however, I don't think he is going after any PR deadlifts or squats where he needs that lower back stability. Probably just using Hammer Strength machines for now.

My Mood
    Devilish
    that dude is a beast. i dont forsee any real issues either. he reminds me of one of those 50 year old dudes that is in as good a shape as any 20 year old. i think he could survive and perform well for the next 5 years on nothing but pure mean-n-nasty.

Thread Information