Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: William Gay Is Better Than Polamalu At...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Cool

William Gay Is Better Than Polamalu At...

Bringing pressure to the quarterback.

10.) If one defensive back blitz stuck in the memory it was Troy Polamalu against the Ravens as he strip sacked Joe Flacco. Other than that, Polamalu put forth a modest effort, converting 21.21% of his blitzes into pressure – less than his Steelers teammate, William Gay (21.74%.)
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...bringing-heat/

Not significantly, but I'm sure I'll enjoy riling people up with the topic title, lmao.

At the very least, it adds a statistical reasoning for William Gay not being completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    Bringing pressure to the quarterback.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...bringing-heat/

Not significantly, but I'm sure I'll enjoy riling people up with the topic title, lmao.

At the very least, it adds a statistical reasoning for William Gay not being completely worthless.
    Pretty obvious with as much success as he's had at blitzing. But this is pretty much equivalent to saying Limas Sweed is a better blocker than Mike Wallace.

Gay is also great at wondering around in the backfield completely alone with no receivers in sight. Yeah he might be quick, but I think he's pretty stoopid. A dolphin has better hands than that guy.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Gay biggest asset this year was his blitzing ability. He has a knack for being able to get to the Quarterback, and Lebeau knows it's a good situation to put him in. All in all nobody is going to trade Troy for Will but I still say that even though Gay struggled this year he did show improvement from 2009-2010.

Everyone bitches about Gay and while I do too, I cannot ignore his ability on the blitz. He can be an option for blitzing out of the nickel/dime packages, but his coverage skills are very meh.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    We're in a difficult spot with Gay because we all agree he blitzes as well as any CB in the league and will get better with Carnell coaching him, but his coverage skills are poor. The other issue is who else would be better than him that we could get in FA? Might be able to find other DB's but my guess is the price would be significantly higher.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

This post is a stupid as comparing marbles to bowling balls .

Every team in the nfl knows when polamalu is at the line of srimmage he may be coming , so they adjust to the posiblility that he is coming .

Gay comes in unaccounted for , thats the difference .

Nobody comes to the QB faster than Polamalu , what sport do you watch ?

Man sorry for being harsh but this strike talk ,off season after superbowl loss , no football to watch on tv is getting to me .
    The only football talk that interest me now would be possible draft picks , that if their is a draft at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    This post is a stupid as comparing marbles to bowling balls .

Every team in the nfl knows when polamalu is at the line of srimmage he may be coming , so they adjust to the posiblility that he is coming .

Gay comes in unaccounted for , thats the difference .

Nobody comes to the QB faster than Polamalu , what sport do you watch ?

Man sorry for being harsh but this strike talk ,off season after superbowl loss , no football to watch on tv is getting to me .
    The only football talk that interest me now would be possible draft picks , that if their is a draft at all.
    yes you have the desired effect. no way gay compares to the stingin' samoanen. troy is beyond comparison, his range, his effective field is tough to compare. Put nike cleats on a fairy and you realize the game plan this guy present......
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    yes you have the desired effect. no way gay compares to the stingin' samoanen. troy is beyond comparison, his range, his effective field is tough to compare. Put nike cleats on a fairy and you realize the game plan this guy present......
    What are you guys talking about? He sucks and can't tackle. Troy is always getting burnt. Matthews should have won DPOY.

Oh wait I'm done impersonating a few unnamed people in this group.

William Gay Is Better Than Polamalu at bringing pressure to the quarterback...

When Troy has a gimpy ankle and Gay is completey healthy;
    When Troy is actually covering receivers instead of blitzing;
    When Gay is sent as often as possible because its not like they are going to miss him in the secondary anyway, so why not "gamble." It's a gamble when you ask him to cover when the other team has a bona fide passing game.

If Gay could cover better, others could pressue the QB. I am really hoping we get a cb in the draft but it doesn't look like it will happen this year at 31.

Thread Information