Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Combine Draft Targets By Round

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    He was my wild card pick but I've read The Steelers like Kelvin Shepard.
    I like Sylvester Stevenson & would like to get Kelvin Shepad but I just dont think he'll be there in the third.
    I say 3rd because we need OL/CB in 1st & 2nd rounds. Unless Phil Taylor of Baylor is there and the decide to take him.
    The man with two last names is the truth....i love stevenson.

going about it like that is a terrible way..."a OL and CB in the first 2 rounds" If we ended up with nate solder and Johnny patrick in the first 2 rounds id blow a ****ing gasket.

id much rather have Carmichael and Gilbert in the mid rounds than 2 reaches and probable bums with a load of "potential" as #1 (mostly referring to solder, i hate him)

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I'd take Pouncey 2 and anybody if I thought he would be there. He will be gone becuase the tackle class is weak. IMO, we will have our choice of OTs 4-6 (since top 3 will be gone), BPA or DB. Brandon Albert was gone by 31 and I think the top two centers were gone the next year. Last year the top interior linemaen were gone long before 31.
    What do you guys think of BPA on DL? I think I prefer a shut down corner due to need, but I am not sure I can convince myself it is happening.
    Steelers need a solid corner...were not getting a shut down corner, thats PP and PA, we can get a very very good corner in harris, williams, smith, brown, carmichael

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I wish I knew more about Ben Ijalana, the little I've seen I like. I also like Danny Watkins. However, at 31 if top OT gone & Pouncey Then you look at what DL has fallen ie Cam Heyward,Phil Taylor & CB Arron Williams,Brandon Harris, S Rahim Moore. I really like Curtis Brown CB Texas
    If heyward is at 31 they better take him, i dont care who else is there he will be the best player available at that point. id take moore in the second MAYBE....hes pretty soft, but hes rangy....we like a center fielder that can hit and make up for troys lack of discipline aka a good tackler, which moore is the opposite of

i wish you guys didnt look at height as a make or break factor...brandon harris is 5-9 1/2 and 191...thats a stocky CB with great form, maybe excellent form and 4.45 speed which is great for a CB. many of you see 5-9 and go NOPE not him. im telling you though, hes the sex. Easily my #3 CB at this point, and may very well scare teams away since he measured a whole inch and a half shorter that he was listed...you know, like the length of an entire pinky finger
    Last edited by K Train; 03-14-2011 at 05:19 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    i have compiled a list of corners that fit the steelers sysytem that are realistic of course we all want peterson or prince a but they will be gone at 31 so he goes for pick 31 bbbrandon burton chimdi chewa buster skrine or rasi dowling are good fits all of these player should be avalible at 31 or later

--- Added 3/14/2011 at 07:30 PM ---

taylor is 27 hes too old to draft ol at 31ben ijalana is better they can take zach hurd from uconn 6'8 325 in the4th or 5th rd is a good pick
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-14-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: adding

literally every one of them is a 3rd or 4th round prospect. burton might be a late 2nd round guy, and dowling is a 2nd/3rd guy as a FS...probably 4th as a corner.

realistically at 31 we have a shot at harris, williams, smith at 31, and curtis brown, davon house, and burton at 62.

id really like carmichael in the 3rd, i think the steelers are pretty interested in him (not to mention hes boys with worilds)

My Mood
    Manic
    what do u think of skrine i watched his tape he looked good on tape

good small school prospect, but late rounder at best. little thin but ran a solid time.

My Mood
    Manic
    i know all of the guys i listed we can get in the later rounds if we can get smith we gotta take him i just get frustrated all i hear is mike pouncey everywhere and markice made it so his brother wont make it to 31 he will be on the colts as a guard then a center

--- Added 3/14/2011 at 08:04 PM ---

sorry danny watkins is 27 not taylor

danny watkins is a stud....it just sucks hes so old...will drop him 3 rounds at least.

Mike is not maurkice, scouts know this. hes a guard, not a center, hes not as technically sound, hes not as smooth, and hes not as good of an athlete. he might go a LITTLE higher than he should cause of name and program pedigree but hes a stud guard. not a guard in the mold of faneca, hutch, albert, andrews, or any other recent first round guard only....but imo hes better than justin blalock who went high second, and i bet he has a better rookie year than mike iupati who was drafted 17th because of his massive size and strength and the fact that he can pretty much flip a sled over when he hits it...even though he was dismal last year.

guards just arent valued that high in the first round, mike might be a steeler but it would be a little bit of a reach but chemistry sake it would be worth it. i say if someone else drafts him in the first its gonna be the patriots with their love for gators or the ravens just to spite us
    Last edited by K Train; 03-14-2011 at 09:13 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    guards just arent valued that high in the first round, mike might be a steeler but it would be a little bit of a reach but chemistry sake it would be worth it. i say if someone else drafts him in the first its gonna be the patriots with their love for gators or the ravens just to spite us

Curtis Brown, Aaron Wiiliams, or Harris..

but read this... i liked this from today..

Mike Pouncey is projected to go late in the first round this year. He could even end up on Maurkice's team again.

One of the Steelers' biggest weaknesses is at right guard. Their success with one Pouncey might give them more interest in the other. The twins could make up a dominant interior for the next decade.

And while Mike Pouncey would love that reunion, there's a little something about it he wouldn't love. The Steelers have the 31st pick in the draft.

"They got the 31st pick," Mike said. "And I got to go before 18th."

He'll never hear the end of it if he doesn't.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...#ixzz1GgMAG6jl

My Mood
    Fine
    Id take Harris. I love Stevenson also and I have no Problem with Solder & Patrick. Did you see Solder plant that coach during drills. I've said for awhile now that if Heyward id there how do you bypass a monster 5 tech that we need badly? Only answer would be we already have a 5 tech with arm issues why draft one? Because he can sit and heal as he learns then rotates in. YEAH!
    I have no problem taking a Dominate D lineman. Heyward or Taylor in the first or CB HArris or Wiliams.

--- Added 3/15/2011 at 02:13 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    danny watkins is a stud....it just sucks hes so old...will drop him 3 rounds at least.

Mike is not maurkice, scouts know this. hes a guard, not a center, hes not as technically sound, hes not as smooth, and hes not as good of an athlete. he might go a LITTLE higher than he should cause of name and program pedigree but hes a stud guard. not a guard in the mold of faneca, hutch, albert, andrews, or any other recent first round guard only....but imo hes better than justin blalock who went high second, and i bet he has a better rookie year than mike iupati who was drafted 17th because of his massive size and strength and the fact that he can pretty much flip a sled over when he hits it...even though he was dismal last year.

I see mike being a OG or Right OT and that would be great for us but I dont see him getting past Indy,NE or CHI. If he's there I think they take him no question.
    I have no Problem with Watkins Turning 27 and The Steelers wont if theres a rookie pay scale. He'll Start right away & He's nasty. I Love It
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Thread Information