Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Combine Draft Targets By Round

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Id take Harris. I love Stevenson also and I have no Problem with Solder & Patrick. Did you see Solder plant that coach during drills. I've said for awhile now that if Heyward id there how do you bypass a monster 5 tech that we need badly? Only answer would be we already have a 5 tech with arm issues why draft one? Because he can sit and heal as he learns then rotates in. YEAH!
    I have no problem taking a Dominate D lineman. Heyward or Taylor in the first or CB HArris or Wiliams.

--- Added 3/15/2011 at 02:13 PM ---

I see mike being a OG or Right OT and that would be great for us but I dont see him getting past Indy,NE or CHI. If he's there I think they take him no question.
    I have no Problem with Watkins Turning 27 and The Steelers wont if theres a rookie pay scale. He'll Start right away & He's nasty. I Love It
    id love mike as our LG, hes perfect for it....put that fat piece of **** kemoeatu at RG or just cut him or something. i dont think mike plays on the outside, hes a rare interior lineman that can get to the second level.

solder would be a terrible fit for us...just awful. the colts i could see him doing well but with us hes the opposite of what we need.

Starter
    i think you can make a case that solder does not even get a 1st round grade .. i dont really see him doing well vs bull-rushers because of his build and guys like harrison/dumerville who are good benders will give him fits too ..

watkins to me is a great pick and we would be lucky to see him at #2 imo .. not only are we looking to win now, but you sign your guys one contract at a time and he will earn his keep the first go-round ..

speaking of small-school prospects, you have to check out taiwan jones .. worth a shot in later rounds imo (if he lasts that long) ..

where do you guys put wilkerson relative to heyward? i have them real, real close to each other with heyward getting points for name recognition etc ..

i dont like wilkerson as a 34DE....i think hes much better suited on the inside of a 43, he doesnt use leverage well, he doesnt shed blocks well, he doesnt anchor and hes got a weak upper body for a 6-5 305 pound DT. much better 3 tech than 5 tech imo, 2nd round guy

Starter
    to me he is a project, but i think there is a ton of upside .. my $ is on heyward to actually have a better career tho

Starter

Pouncey 2 update from espn ..

from espn insider...

UPDATE: Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Pittsburgh Steelers would like to draft Mike Pouncey, but ESPN AFC North blogger James Walker notes that a particular scenario may have to play out in order for them to land him (see below).

---

Interior offensive line prospect Pouncey has been linked to a number of teams thus far in pre-draft season; after folks saw how quickly his twin brother Maurkice got up to speed in the NFL with the Steelers in 2010, the thought may be that two apples from the same branch won't fall too far apart from one another. Or some other non-fruit-based metaphor perhaps.

According to Mike Long, who covers the Jacksonville Jaguars and Florida Gators for the Associated Press, Pouncey believes that he'll be taken in the first round of this year's draft, somewhere between the 15th and 20th picks. Pouncey bases this projection on conversations he's had with teams like the Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

We'll wait to let Todd McShay of ESPN's Scouts, Inc. fill you in on where he sees Pouncey landing in his next mock draft [Editor's note: Coming to you on Wednesday! How's that for a tease?]. But counterpart Mel Kiper, Jr. published his latest mock this past Wednesday, and he had Pouncey pegged right in that 15-20 range:

- Tim Kavanagh

Mel Kiper, Jr.
    He's headed to the Giants at No. 19

"Pouncey's brother was taken at No. 18 overall last year and became a Pro Bowl player in his first year with the Steelers. Mike offers a very similar skill set to Maurkice's. He can play guard or center, gets to the second level very well and should help the Giants in the running game. New York is a much better team when they have a running game that takes the heat off Eli Manning, and it should start up front."

James Walker
    Pouncey won't last too long

"Ideally, Pouncey would drop to No. 31 for Pittsburgh. But I don't see it happening. If the Steelers want Pouncey to join his twin bother, Maurkice, they will likely have to trade up."

-I have never really thought he would be there .. even if he should be ..

i think its laughable they think a guard is gonna go that high that wasnt amonst the most dominant guards ever....like a guy like faneca or hutchinson

hes simply not THAT dominant of a guard to warrant that kind of pick. i love him, i really do, and i would love the steelers to get him at 31 but i do think thats about 5-7 slots too high for him. he is my #1 guard but hes just not a guard in the mold of hutch or faneca that just dominated the world in college, and hes not branden albert that he can play LT, and hes not a dominant college LT like andrews and davis were that become mauling guards in the NFL. hes just a good player that plays an undervalued position in the first round. id be very surprised if someone took him for any reason other than to spite us...cough ravens, cough patriots

My Mood
    Fine
    I can see the colts & Pats taken him based on need but I see the Colts taken Derek Sherrod.

i think the colts target sherrod or solder.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think the colts target sherrod or solder.
    K TRAIN Did you see McShay's latest mock? He has Steelers taking Orlando Franklin in the first and leaving JIMMY SMITH,ARRON WILLIAMS,BRANDON HARRIS ON THE BOARD!
    HE'S ON CRACK LOL
    BEN IJALANA & MARUS CANNON ARE BOTH AVAILABLE BUT WHY REACH WHEN BPA IS JIMMY SMITH.( I like Harris & Williams long term 2 contracts, jimmy's bolting after rookie contract is over)

orlando franklin...lol

Thread Information