Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Combine Draft Targets By Round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    im not a really a fan of the first pick dictates the rest of the draft because that feels like it increases the probability of not taking BPA .. BUT .. for fun ..

which combo do you like more?

Option 1 - Pouncey, RID/Little
    Option 2 - Harris, Cannon/Little

I like option 1, but lets see if MP2 is even available @ 31...
    Reason I say the first pick can dictate the draft is because of of who that pick could be. If we get a top CB, then that can mean drafting more linemen throughout he draft and vice-versa. If we end up picking the 'best player available' then that can really alter how we go after players of need.

Hearing more and more that Pouncey won't be available when we pick so I think it's becoming a real long shot.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Starter
    pouncey .. hmmm ... i am tempted to start a thread on marcus cannon now after watching how he carried 360 at the combine.. the big man ..

Starter
    realized i left vereen off my list .. i really like him too ..

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    im not a really a fan of the first pick dictates the rest of the draft because that feels like it increases the probability of not taking BPA .. BUT .. for fun ..

which combo do you like more?

Option 1 - Pouncey, RID/Little
    Option 2 - Harris, Cannon/Little

I like option 1, but lets see if MP2 is even available @ 31...
    I'd take option 2 Harris & Cannon.,, RID has injury problems and we already have that with Bmac.
    I also like Vereen. He would be an awesome change of pace Back.

Starter
    another RB i am starting to like is taiwan jones.. def has a burst

The new walterfootball has us drafting the best 3-4 ILB in the draft, Martez Wilson.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
    Martez Wilson just had an outstanding Combine, running a 4.44 40 and leaping a 36-inch vertical. Wilson, at 6-4, 250 pounds and 34 5/8-inch arms, is a very talented linebacker and one of the top players on the board.

I know the Steelers drafted Stevenson Sylvester to compete as James Farrior's heir apparent, but I don't think they'll be able to pass on a premier talent like Wilson.

Strengths:
    Speedy and hustles in pursuit
    Some pass-rushing skills
    Physical and athletic
    Scheme versatile
    Special teams contributor

Weaknesses:
    Lacks instincts to diagnose plays
    Overly aggressive
    Must gain strength
    Needs to work on lower body
    Neck injury a concern

Summary: Martez Wilson finally lived up to his recruiting status in his final college season. His lack of time spent in the film room earlier in his career is evident, but if he continues to study, he should show even more improvement. The herniated disc in his neck from 2009 is going to be an issue, but teams will do their homework on that. Teams also need to figure out where to play him. There are options, but most of them require development. I see him working best inside in a 3-4. His potential will probably lead a team to draft him higher than it should.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011ILB.php

wilson has extremely poor instincts, he over pursues and hes soft...he does not like contact at all. hes not the 250 pound hammer hes made out to be

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wilson has extremely poor instincts, he over pursues and hes soft...he does not like contact at all. hes not the 250 pound hammer hes made out to be
    He was my wild card pick but I've read The Steelers like Kelvin Shepard.
    I like Sylvester Stevenson & would like to get Kelvin Shepad but I just dont think he'll be there in the third.
    I say 3rd because we need OL/CB in 1st & 2nd rounds. Unless Phil Taylor of Baylor is there and the decide to take him.

I'd take Pouncey 2 and anybody if I thought he would be there. He will be gone becuase the tackle class is weak. IMO, we will have our choice of OTs 4-6 (since top 3 will be gone), BPA or DB. Brandon Albert was gone by 31 and I think the top two centers were gone the next year. Last year the top interior linemaen were gone long before 31.
    What do you guys think of BPA on DL? I think I prefer a shut down corner due to need, but I am not sure I can convince myself it is happening.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I'd take Pouncey 2 and anybody if I thought he would be there. He will be gone becuase the tackle class is weak. IMO, we will have our choice of OTs 4-6 (since top 3 will be gone), BPA or DB. Brandon Albert was gone by 31 and I think the top two centers were gone the next year. Last year the top interior linemen were gone long before 31.
    What do you guys think of BPA on DL? I think I prefer a shut down corner due to need, but I am not sure I can convince myself it is happening.
    I wish I knew more about Ben Ijalana, the little I've seen I like. I also like Danny Watkins. However, at 31 if top OT gone & Pouncey Then you look at what DL has fallen ie Cam Heyward,Phil Taylor & CB Arron Williams,Brandon Harris, S Rahim Moore. I really like Curtis Brown CB Texas

Thread Information