1...Derrick Sherrod OT

Sherrod can start at right tackle as a rookie, giving the Steelers the option of moving Willie Colon to right guard, and could develop into a solid left tackle.

2...Ras-i Dowling

Dowling has great size and was once considered a 1st round pick before being injured for most of this past season.

The Steelers usually like to let their rookies sit for most of their first season, although I believe Dowling could win that third corner spot out of camp.

3...Robert Sands S

I think there is a chance the Steelers cut Will Allen in the offseason and Ryan Mundy is currently a free agent.

Sands is about 6’5’’, 220 pounds, and has great speed, the ability to come up in run support, and good field awareness.

4...Lee Smith TE

I think Matt Spaeth has finally played his last game as a Steeler and David Johnson has been used more as a full back.

Smith could be another pick to help out the offensive line since he is solid as a blocker and his good hands and size would make him a nice red zone target.

5,,,Kenrick Ellis DT

The Steelers have been avoiding drafting a young defensive tackle to learn under Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke.

I still don’t see them drafting a guy early and Ellis would be great value here with good explosiveness and ability to push the pocket.

6...Benjamin Jacobs ILB

Linebacker is not a need for the Steelers with good young guys like Jason Worilds and Stevenson Sylvestor, yet they did lose Thaddeus Gibson during the season and Keyaron Fox is a free agent.

The Steelers seem to always take at least one linebacker every year no matter what and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was earlier than this.

7...Alex Henery K

Jeff Reed was cut by the Steelers during the season and Shaun Suisham is currently a free agent.

In Heinz Field, the kicker is critical and Henery has proved to be accurate and to possess a strong leg.