Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shear the Beard!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Shear the Beard!

Keisel ready to Shear the Beard for charity

Shear the beard

D-Day for the beard is almost here! Brett spoke with members of the WDVE Morning Show today and said "it was time for The Diesel to transform back into Brett Keisel."
    In typical Keisel-style, he is making sure a worthy cause benefits from the beard shaving extravaganza. All proceeds benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC!

Brett and WDVE (along with many sponsors) also made sure fans could take part in the fun. "Shear the Beard" will take place on February 24, 2011 at the Diesel Club Lounge (1601 EAST CARSON STREET-Pittsburgh PA). The doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the "shearing" will commence around 7:00 p.m.

The celebrity barbers are top secret and there will be live entertainment.
    You won't want to miss the "Ultimate Mountain Man Makeover" where you will have opportunites to purchase limited edition items, such as a before and after photo of Keisel-which may include a lock of his infamous beard!

The cost to attend this one-of-a-kind event is $25.00. You will be a part of history as you witness the "shearing" and you will be helping a great cause! It's a win-win situation for everyone...well for everyone except "Da Beard".

From the ticket website:
    Join us for this Ultimate Mountain Man Make-over as the Steelers Brett Keisel shaves his infamous beard, by Surprise Celebrity Barbers! Join the Steelers and WDVE at Diesel to raise money for the Kids! All proceeds benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Your first drink and appetizers are included in your $25 ticket price, and there will be Limited Edition items for purchase--- you can own a priceless lock of Brett's beard!! AND...Live performances with Donnie Iris and The Chris Higbee Project!! All for $25---and for a GREAT CAUSE! No outside items to be brought in for autographing please. Plus Door Prizes!! For more info- call Dana 412.431.8800

Ready to order your tickets?
    Click here to sign up to help Keisel raise money to benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, and to witness the "Shearing of the Beard."
    If you have any questions, you can contact the phone number given above, or email me and I will try to assist you. My email address can be found under "Contact" at the top of this page.

From Mr. Keisel:
    “This is something I thought would be a great way to give back to the City of Pittsburgh and show what Pittsburgh means to me,” said Keisel. “Children’s Hospital has not only helped a lot of people on our team, but it helps Pittsburghers and people from everywhere, every day. It’s a great place that can use some money and I am happy we can help.”-From Steelers.com

You can read the entire Steelers.com article, which talks about whether "Da Beard" will ever return, here.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's way cool that he's making it such a big event and donating the money to charity. I wish I could be in Pittsburgh for this, we love the south side anyways and hanging out there would be a blast.

Also it's great to hear that he'll be bringing it back in 2011, it's pretty much been his trademark now so he has too..LOL

What kind of scissors do they use to cut locks of steel?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    What kind of scissors do they use to cut locks of steel?
    Bolt cutters...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I'm going to assume that Diesel has gotten permission to grow it again next season from Mrs. Diesel?????

I'm glad he's making this public as well. It really has been a great thing for the community. As much as a beard can be anyway.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's hilarious. Love diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's way cool that he's making it such a big event and donating the money to charity. I wish I could be in Pittsburgh for this, we love the south side anyways and hanging out there would be a blast.

Also it's great to hear that he'll be bringing it back in 2011, it's pretty much been his trademark now so he has too..LOL
    Who's up for a road trip to the Burgh? I'm game.

Seriously... would this be a blast or what?

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Love
    If you guys make it out there tell Keisel Scorp sends his best ....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    In a related story, Steelers' DE Brett Keisel has dropped 15lbs. in less than 24 hours and 7 new civilizations have been spotted in and around his chin looking for somewhere else to live now.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    PETA might want to be on hand to make sure that wonderful specimen
    is treated right and given a proper send off. Farewell "Da Beard" may you
    grow back soon to fight another day!

Thread Information