Keisel ready to Shear the Beard for charity

Shear the beard

D-Day for the beard is almost here! Brett spoke with members of the WDVE Morning Show today and said "it was time for The Diesel to transform back into Brett Keisel."
In typical Keisel-style, he is making sure a worthy cause benefits from the beard shaving extravaganza. All proceeds benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC!

Brett and WDVE (along with many sponsors) also made sure fans could take part in the fun. "Shear the Beard" will take place on February 24, 2011 at the Diesel Club Lounge (1601 EAST CARSON STREET-Pittsburgh PA). The doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the "shearing" will commence around 7:00 p.m.

The celebrity barbers are top secret and there will be live entertainment.
You won't want to miss the "Ultimate Mountain Man Makeover" where you will have opportunites to purchase limited edition items, such as a before and after photo of Keisel-which may include a lock of his infamous beard!

The cost to attend this one-of-a-kind event is $25.00. You will be a part of history as you witness the "shearing" and you will be helping a great cause! It's a win-win situation for everyone...well for everyone except "Da Beard".

From the ticket website:
Join us for this Ultimate Mountain Man Make-over as the Steelers Brett Keisel shaves his infamous beard, by Surprise Celebrity Barbers! Join the Steelers and WDVE at Diesel to raise money for the Kids! All proceeds benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Your first drink and appetizers are included in your $25 ticket price, and there will be Limited Edition items for purchase--- you can own a priceless lock of Brett's beard!! AND...Live performances with Donnie Iris and The Chris Higbee Project!! All for $25---and for a GREAT CAUSE! No outside items to be brought in for autographing please. Plus Door Prizes!! For more info- call Dana 412.431.8800

Ready to order your tickets?
Click here to sign up to help Keisel raise money to benefit cancer programs at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, and to witness the "Shearing of the Beard."
If you have any questions, you can contact the phone number given above, or email me and I will try to assist you. My email address can be found under "Contact" at the top of this page.

From Mr. Keisel:
“This is something I thought would be a great way to give back to the City of Pittsburgh and show what Pittsburgh means to me,” said Keisel. “Children’s Hospital has not only helped a lot of people on our team, but it helps Pittsburghers and people from everywhere, every day. It’s a great place that can use some money and I am happy we can help.”-From Steelers.com

You can read the entire Steelers.com article, which talks about whether "Da Beard" will ever return, here.