Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The defense is not off the hook on this one

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

The defense is not off the hook on this one

The Steeler defense gave up way too many ill timed big plays. Giving up a 70 yd drive and several 50+ yd drives. Yes they stepped up in the end forcing the FG and giving the offense a chance for a late rally, but they gave up a lot in the first 58 minutes.

You normally like our defense when they are behind the 8 ball and have to make a play. They couldn't come up with any turnovers, which is very uncharacteristic. On the one INT and the Mendy fumble, you figure they are going to atleast force a FG or maybe get off the field on at least one of them.

You can't place the blame on them squarely of course, but on a day like today you expect them to be able to make a play at some point.

Draft Pick
    Texted the same thing to my Buddy in Pittsburgh --- never thought the D would let us down like that.

WilliamfookingGay has got to go. Thinking about him makes me sick.
    Blood is Freedoms Stain

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The entire team has blame in this from coaches to the players......But hey I'm not that upset......

This is the 1st time Ive experienced a loss

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not at all. William Gay and McFadden were pretty much the only two that were picked on the entire game, and apparently there was reason for that. The front 7 didn't do anything, Troy was whiffing on tackles and missing should have been interceptions left and right. Just not a good game at all.

--- Added 2/6/2011 at 09:59 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    This is the 1st time Ive experienced a loss
    Me too. I was a few weeks from living through the loss of 1993.

Waterboy
    I agree. Still, when the offense gives up 21 points, and they did. So what do you say? (rhetorical)

Mendy was due to give up a fumble. 324 touches/ 2 fumbles... damn good.

Ben, well Ben is a wildcard on and off the field. I, for one called for 2 interceptions this game, hoping that our defense could make up the difference. Tonight, UNLIKE MOST NIGHTS, they could not. The blame? Well, i'm not a BIG enough man to lay blame.

But I will say this. GB beat us at our own game. Big defense and protect the ball. Rodgers was not the all-pro they made him out to be. All he did was protect the ball. Mathews (a defensive player) won the game with his FF. Rodgers? All he did was all we asked Big Ben to do. Protect the ball.

Steelers = Defense. Defense = Score (for Pitt). Offense = Field Position.

Tonight, for the most part, our field position sucked.

Rashard, I am a HUGE fan. Pleae think franchise!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Steeler defense gave up way too many ill timed big plays. Giving up a 70 yd drive and several 50+ yd drives. Yes they stepped up in the end forcing the FG and giving the offense a chance for a late rally, but they gave up a lot in the first 58 minutes.

You normally like our defense when they are behind the 8 ball and have to make a play. They couldn't come up with any turnovers, which is very uncharacteristic. On the one INT and the Mendy fumble, you figure they are going to atleast force a FG or maybe get off the field on at least one of them.

You can't place the blame on them squarely of course, but on a day like today you expect them to be able to make a play at some point.
    21 points off turnovers. Take away the turnovers and I don't think Greenbay would've scored more than 20 points at most, and that's a damn good offense. I don't blame the defense one bit. Nevertheless, the fact that William Gay gets paid never ceases to amaze me.

The NFL is such a pro passing league now. Our secondary does not have the DEPTH required to shut down teams like the Packers. DB should be a major focus point in the draft.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The entire team has blame in this from coaches to the players......But hey I'm not that upset......
    Ditto.. dunno why. I mean, I was absolutely livid in the SB XXX loss. This one, meh, not so much. Maybe it was my Killians?

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Troy P. has been missing in action the whole POs and the SB. He has something wrong for sure.

And their fans.

Thread Information