Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pouncey to the Steelers??? ESPN

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    +1 but i think that as long as we keep Ike, who isnt the greatest CB out there but is still pretty solid, and Crezdon lives up to his potential all we really need is a solid Nickel and we should be set as far as CB's go. although in my heart i like FS Clark for his hard nosed play i can admit that that position could be upgraded. however, i dont think its as glaring an issue as the Oline.

my personal best case scenario would be draft Mike, use Crezdon in the Nickel, move Ike to 2nd corner and pick up Asmougha from FA. (he has indicated that he wants to go to a SB contender team and of the contenders which one would improve more with his addition? add that to the fact that we made it to the SB without a decent secondary and he may be willing to make a deal for the chance to win it big.) then use the 2nd pick to get the BPA of the remaining DT's or OT's (or both) and from there i really dont care. maybe go with the tried and true and pick up BPA @ LB. Harrison isnt getting any younger and we can always use good line backers.

anyway, just my opinion.
    Mike ,Asmougha , BPA , I like that very very very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get real ,OL fixed for may years to come with the 2 bros , Asmougha is shutdown heaven , our 2 weakest positions become our 2 best (or just about )
    Last edited by pimplydan; 02-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Rookie Free Agent H3INZFI3LDST33L's Avatar
    Why do the Steelers need to draft offensive linemen? They made it to the SUPERBOWL with mostly back up linemen. When the line is healthy next year, why do they need extras to take up salary and roster spots?

Maybe one OL guy should be drafted this year to continue to replenish.

Next year's line should look like this:

LT Starks (Colon back up)
    LG Kemo (Legursky back up)
    C Pouncey (Legursky back up)
    RG Colon (Legursky back up)
    RT Adams (Colon back up)

I'm pretty sure the offensive line will not have the injuries that they had this past year. There's no need for the Steelers to draft OL when they NEED at least ONE solid CB from the draft.

Colon would never back up the left side, scott/hills/essex/c.scott would take that backup

oline is a big need, and putting all your money on 14 year vet flozell at RT is a mistake

colon is not athletic enough to play guard for us, me might "profile" there better size wise but his skill set is that of a RT.

kemoeatu is ****ing terrible

legs is the best backup center we have, but foster is a far superior guard backup

crezdon butler is the truth....just wait and see, CB wont be such a huge need in a year

Colon would never back up the left side, scott/hills/essex/c.scott would take that backup

oline is a big need, and putting all your money on 14 year vet flozell at RT is a mistake

colon is not athletic enough to play guard for us, me might "profile" there better size wise but his skill set is that of a RT.

kemoeatu is ****ing terrible

legs is the best backup center we have, but foster is a far superior guard backup

crezdon butler is the truth....just wait and see, CB wont be such a huge need in a year

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I like hearing that... I hope your right.

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    I like hearing that... I hope your right.
    KT knows his **** bro.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by H3INZFI3LDST33L View Post
    Why do the Steelers need to draft offensive linemen? They made it to the SUPERBOWL with mostly back up linemen.
    personally i would say IN SPITE OF the O-line and secondary and if you cant see the need for Oline... i mean ben does hold on to it for too long and tends to put his line in a bad position but that pick six was because Kemo got freakin MAULED 1v1 and unless im mistaken Kemo is a starter, yes? and he's WAY better than Essex will ever be. the game is won in the trenches and a good line can make everyone around them better.

and our defense isnt what lost the SB.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    personally i would say IN SPITE OF the O-line and secondary and if you cant see the need for Oline... i mean ben does hold on to it for too long and tends to put his line in a bad position but that pick six was because Kemo got freakin MAULED 1v1 and unless im mistaken Kemo is a starter, yes? and he's WAY better than Essex will ever be. the game is won in the trenches and a good line can make everyone around them better.

and our defense isnt what lost the SB.

This...not so much the secondary, they actually held up pretty well for the second half of the season, but the O-line is just terrible.

We've got above average tackles and average guards, plus a stud. That just doesn't cut it. Starks, Kemoeatu, Essex, Adams, those guys aren't improving anymore, they've had 6 seasons to do so and they're as good right now as they'll ever be in the future. If we really care about rebuilding the offensive line, we'd cut our losses with all those four guys (that's a $16,240,000 cap hit for Starks, Kemo, and Adams, since Essex has no deal), and aggressively pursue other players.

Sign Jared Gaither and Marshal Yanda and draft Mike Pouncey. In the end, I think you'd wind up investing basically the same amount of money (cap hit wise, let's say $2,000,000 initially for Mike, $6,000,000 for Yanda, and $9,000,000 for Gaither) but significantly better talent.

Gaither - Mi. Pouncey - Ma. Pouncey - Yanda - Colon

That's two Pro-Bowl quality players in Maurkice and Yanda, with Colon being a solid RT, Gaither being a good LT, and Mike having Pro-Bowl potential too.

But of course, things like these will never happen because we like to build from within the organization.

My Mood
    Devilish
    i would tend to agree with the line bit but imo that secondary is hurting more than that. i mean Ike is a decent CB, solid if you prefer, above average if you insist but i think people get blinded by the poor play of the others and yeah, compared to the other CB's weve recently fielded Ike is a badass. but really, why would opposing QB's opt to test him when they know there are two other CB's who, at times look like theyre just kind of bumbling around aimlessly? Ike couldnt catch a cold if you dunked him in a vat of snot. i hear people praising him left and right like he's the next Mel Blount and i gotta be honest, i just dont get it. to be a "great" or "awesome" CB, not to mention HoF candidate) you gotta have ball skills which is easily his weakest attribute.

now while i do think crezdon is gonna be pretty damn good, im not as convinced as others that he's going to be anything like the next D.Sanders whereas Asmougha is without question a rare talent. and i know the steelers are dead set against going to free agency for talent but in this case i think he would make all the difference in the world considering the draft prospects and how deep the CB's are this year especially if Crezdon lives up to the hype. assuming that they could be the best tandem in the NFL, rivaling if not flat out beating the revis/cromartie duo. then we could flat drop Ike (or use him in the nickel) and actually have a truly formidible secondary especially if we could transition gay or bfad to FS.

that would effectively FIX the secondary without ever even touching the draft which could then be used for the trenches and BPA's.

SB bound baby. maybe even relieve Miami '72 of that pesky record of theirs.
    Last edited by Deviouz1; 02-18-2011 at 03:15 AM.

I love to hear optimist comments like this . Maybe Crezdon Butler is the real deal ,I like his physic , and he does seem to be fast .

Thread Information