Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pouncey to the Steelers??? ESPN

Bookmark and Share

Mike Pouncey to the Steelers??? ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...om-todd-mcshay

ESPN's draft expert Todd McShay held a conference call Wednesday to discuss college prospects before this month's NFL combine.

Here are his thoughts on several draft topics pertaining to the AFC North:

McShay on the Pittsburgh Steelers' draft needs:

Will former Florida center Mike Pouncey be joining his brother Maurkice in Pittsburgh?"Obviously, the depth on their offensive line is an issue that needs to be addressed. Where they wind up doing it, we'll find out. But they need to continue to bring in players and try to figure out what they're trying to do long-term. I think Flozell Adams played better after he moved to the right side, but he's nearing the end of his career with one more year left on his contract. Willie Colon is probably a better guard than a right tackle. He spent the whole season on [injured reserve] with his Achilles. Jonathan Scott did okay when he was plugged in there, but he's a journeyman-type offensive lineman. So I think that's probably the biggest need area is figuring out what they want to do and what holes they want to address at tackle and guard. Cornerback is another. I think [Bryant] McFadden and [William] Gay are two of the weaker links in that group and need to get better there."

McShay on Florida center/guard Mike Pouncey:

"The problem with Mike Pouncey is he's compared to his brother, Maurkice, and his brother is just at a different level. Mike is a good player, he really is. I know he had some struggles at the center position with the snaps early in the season, and they pretty much got that figured out. But he moves well. I like his feet and I like his potential to play guard and/or center in the NFL. I think when it's all said and done, maybe he comes off the board late first [round]. But I think it's more likely early second round. He has a chance in the right system. With his versatility and his quickness, it really gives him a good chance to become one of the upper-echelon starting interior linemen in the NFL three or four years down the road."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't think we use our first on him and he we be long gone before we draft in the second. Wonder if we be willing to make a deal and move up in the second to take him? To bad he can't just say he wants to play with his brother so don't draft me I won't sign!
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

Talk about a dream draft: Snag Jimmy Smith in the first and then move up in the second to grab Pouncey. I could turn off the rest of the draft and be happy.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Smith won't be there when the Steelers pick in the first.....I think he will be the third corner drafted and be taken within the first 20 picks.....

thats real up in the air imo...he has a chance to be a top 20 pick or a mid second round pick. it all depends on his 40 and his fluidity in drills.

im on board with mike at 31...justin blalock was drafted at 39 and mike is a similar, but better prospect imo

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Talk about a dream draft: Snag Jimmy Smith in the first and then move up in the second to grab Pouncey. I could turn off the rest of the draft and be happy.
    +1 but i think that as long as we keep Ike, who isnt the greatest CB out there but is still pretty solid, and Crezdon lives up to his potential all we really need is a solid Nickel and we should be set as far as CB's go. although in my heart i like FS Clark for his hard nosed play i can admit that that position could be upgraded. however, i dont think its as glaring an issue as the Oline.

my personal best case scenario would be draft Mike, use Crezdon in the Nickel, move Ike to 2nd corner and pick up Asmougha from FA. (he has indicated that he wants to go to a SB contender team and of the contenders which one would improve more with his addition? add that to the fact that we made it to the SB without a decent secondary and he may be willing to make a deal for the chance to win it big.) then use the 2nd pick to get the BPA of the remaining DT's or OT's (or both) and from there i really dont care. maybe go with the tried and true and pick up BPA @ LB. Harrison isnt getting any younger and we can always use good line backers.

anyway, just my opinion.

i kinda like him as a LG now, move that big bitch kemo to the right side

My Mood
    Addicted
    To bad he can't just say he wants to play with his brother so don't draft me I won't sign!
    Isn't that kinda what Eli did.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    Isn't that kinda what Eli did.
    And John Elway...

it would be so awesome if they agreed to draft him at 62 and he made it known that he wouldnt sign with anyone else lol

Thread Information