Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Favorite Mock

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    One other problem with Smith is that his agent is Drew Rosenhaus.....

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

such an overrated thing to take notice of. the steelers do not mind working with rosenhaus at all. they always hammer out deals quickly. damn what TO and Briggs can do for a guys rep as being this hard *** agent

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Tweaked a little bit:

1. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado - My favorite pick this year...
    2. Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU - Love his potential...
    3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton - So much upside! May go sooner though...
    4. Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon - Here is Keyron's replacement on the roster! With him, Sylvester and Timmons it would look aweful sweet for the future...
    5. DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Mississippi - Risk but at this point may be worth the chance...
    6. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska - No brainer...
    7. Tejay Johnson, FS, TCU - All-American, can't hurt to try him out!

casey matthews doesnt have nearly enough strength or bulk to be a 34 MLB imo

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Tweaked a little bit:

1. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado - My favorite pick this year...
    2. Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU - Love his potential...
    3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton - So much upside! May go sooner though...
    4. Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon - Here is Keyron's replacement on the roster! With him, Sylvester and Timmons it would look aweful sweet for the future...
    5. DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Mississippi - Risk but at this point may be worth the chance...
    6. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska - No brainer...
    7. Tejay Johnson, FS, TCU - All-American, can't hurt to try him out!
    3.Exchange Ellis(failed a couple drug test) For Jarvis Jenkins or Terrell McClain
    4. Casey Mathews(he'll go before our pick) I'd like Austin Pettis wr Boise
    5. Alex Henery K

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    such an overrated thing to take notice of. the steelers do not mind working with rosenhaus at all. they always hammer out deals quickly. damn what TO and Briggs can do for a guys rep as being this hard *** agent
    Meh, he's not the easiest agent to deal with, loves to hardball, but yeah his reputation is exaggerated.

As for dealing with our team, there were virtually no issues with Justin Hartwig or Lawrence Timmons (don't remember if he held out), but there were some with Bryant McFadden two years ago. Just kept demanding more money, claiming other teams were willing to pay up, we didn't up the ante, and McFadden accepted basically the same deal Pittsburgh offered him in Arizona.

Next year will be interesting with Timmons set to become a FA and going to demand a significant raise. Of course, judging by our history with free agency, we could very well resign him before the start of next season.

timmons didnt hold out, we have a fairly big run of signing first round picks on time. timmons i wouldnt think would demand an unreasonable amount, i think he'll be somewhat of an easy signing, he'll get paid no doubt but theres rarely an issue with keeping players we want to keep

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Jimmy Smith won't fall to 31 so get that out of your head now......The Steelers will have trade up and probably within the first 20 picks to have a shot at Smith.....After the top three corners the rest of the class doesn't excitement first round wise.....I prefer Curtis Brown over Aaron Williams when you're talking Longhorn corners.....Rashad Carmichael and Johnny Patrick are Steelers type of corners.....Jalil Brown is a corner I would take a chance on in the later rounds.....

I love DeAndre Brown.....a big sleeper of mine....But I would **** a chicken of the Steelers drafted Tandon Doss the WR from IU....I watched Doss a few times and was impressed.....But you have to understand when I watched him during the season and he was burning the likes of Michigan who had no defense I did curb my excitement some what.....But the more I read about Doss the more I like....This kid will be a player.....I don't think he will last until the Steelers pick in the third and think he will sneak into the 2nd round......

I'm all for spending a high pick on OL or DL........I would love to see the Steelers shock everybody and draft a TE in the first.......Doubt that happens.....Miller is solid but having another legit TE would really make the double TE sets that Arians likes at times effective......

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Jimmy Smith won't fall to 31 so get that out of your head now......The Steelers will have trade up and probably within the first 20 picks to have a shot at Smith.....After the top three corners the rest of the class doesn't excitement first round wise.....I prefer Curtis Brown over Aaron Williams when you're talking Longhorn corners.....Rashad Carmichael and Johnny Patrick are Steelers type of corners.....Jalil Brown is a corner I would take a chance on in the later rounds.....
    Yeah, Smith at 31 is probably a longshot right now. Many mocks have him go to Baltimore, which would **** me off, a lot, but oh well. They're just mocks, nothing official. Yet.

I'm curious, why do you like Curtis Brown over Aaron Williams? I like Smith and Harris (Miami) more than Williams, but he's next in the list, good size, good athleticism, good in run support.

I love DeAndre Brown.....a big sleeper of mine....But I would **** a chicken of the Steelers drafted Tandon Doss the WR from IU....I watched Doss a few times and was impressed.....But you have to understand when I watched him during the season and he was burning the likes of Michigan who had no defense I did curb my excitement some what.....But the more I read about Doss the more I like....This kid will be a player.....I don't think he will last until the Steelers pick in the third and think he will sneak into the 2nd round......
    I think he's going to be picked in the low 3rd, high 4th, there are just too many talented players above him, IMO. A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, Torrey Smith, Jerrel Jernigan, Titus Young, Randall Cobb, Greg Little, Ronald Johnson, Greg Salas, Cecil Shorts, I think all those guys go before Doss goes.

Also, I question his straight-line speed and cutting ability, we should know how good each category is in the next week after the combine.

I'm all for spending a high pick on OL or DL........I would love to see the Steelers shock everybody and draft a TE in the first.......Doubt that happens.....Miller is solid but having another legit TE would really make the double TE sets that Arians likes at times effective......
    I'd love to get Kyle Rudolph, but there is just no way/reason to justify his pick without a.) acquiring more picks in the draft or b.) filling all other needs via free agency. We've got 7 picks in this years draft, not exactly a small amount, but not a large one either. We've had 19 picks in the past two drafts, 7 just feels small now, haha. Without acquiring more picks, there is just no way we can choose him. OL and DB will be abundant when we pick (probably), so unless he falls in the second, it just doesn't seem feasible.

Don't get me wrong, I'd truly enjoy seeing another good with Miller, but teams rarely invest two first rounders on tight ends, especially when you've already got a fantastic one who is underused in your offense.

Thread Information