Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Week! UGH!

Bookmark and Share

Another Week! UGH!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717313
    Steelers chairman Dan Rooney and team president Art Rooney II met Tuesday with Bill Cowher and asked Cowher to make an immediate decision on whether he will resign after 15 seasons as head coach of the Steelers. Cowher had hoped to take up to a week from the end of the season before making a decision.

However, indications after the meeting are that Cowher has been given until the beginning of next week to make his decision. Cowher is expected to work as a television analyst this Saturday for NBC Sports.

A team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Rooneys believe Cowher likely is going to walk away, and therefore they want to start the process of finding a new coach, in part because their in-house potential replacements, offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and assistant head coach/offensive line Russ Grimm, are potential head coaching candidates for other NFL teams.

The Steelers granted permission to two NFL teams to talk to Whisenhunt and Grimm. The Arizona Cardinals will talk to both both coaches while the Atlanta Falcons will talk to Whisenhunt only. Both teams fired their head coaches on Monday.

The 49-year-old Cowher, whose tenure with the same team is the longest of any current NFL coach, began weighing retirement shortly after the Steelers won the Super Bowl in February. He is signed through 2007 but, for the first time since being hired in January 1992, could not work out an extension.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Bet the Rooneys are losing their minds at the thoughts of everyone possibly leaving!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Another week!!! This feels like that long 2 week wait we had before the Super Bowl!!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Ohhh! that was horrible!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    TSG- you are becoming like HOS, a real hijacker
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Clowns
    This is all about money here with Cowher and if he says it isnt or anybody else says otherwise they are full of ****. You keep hearing Cowher say he has to talk to some people and talk to his wife and blah blah blah and stuff. Why would he talk to his wife about this. He has known what he has been wanting to do for almost a year now. Make no mistake about it this is a money issue and Cowher is trying everything in his power to get one last big offer from the Rooney's here within the next week that will put him right up there as one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Cowher basically until he makes a final decision here is holding the Steelers hostage in terms of them being able to go out and search and interview coaches if Cowher does indeed decide that he is going to leave. The bottom line is this is still a money issue when push comes to shove. I think Cowher knows right now what he wants to do and its very frustrating that he is holding out like this for another week. He owes the Steelers an answer to what he is going to do ASAP. I do expect him in my opinion to make an official announcement Monday and I think he is going to leave.

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    This is all about money here with Cowher and if he says it isnt or anybody else says otherwise they are full of ****. You keep hearing Cowher say he has to talk to some people and talk to his wife and blah blah blah and stuff. Why would he talk to his wife about this. He has known what he has been wanting to do for almost a year now. Make no mistake about it this is a money issue and Cowher is trying everything in his power to get one last big offer from the Rooney's here within the next week that will put him right up there as one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Cowher basically until he makes a final decision here is holding the Steelers hostage in terms of them being able to go out and search and interview coaches if Cowher does indeed decide that he is going to leave. The bottom line is this is still a money issue when push comes to shove. I think Cowher knows right now what he wants to do and its very frustrating that he is holding out like this for another week. He owes the Steelers an answer to what he is going to do ASAP. I do expect him in my opinion to make an official announcement Monday and I think he is going to leave.
    I agree.
    The Rooney's need to get the process rolling in order to find a new head coach and all Bill Cowher is doing is throwing a monkey wrench in the works with his cat and mouse routine.
    He could potentially do more harm to the Steelers with this little "I need more time" stunt.

IMO the Rooney's need to make the decision for Bill Cowher and announce that he's stepped down and that the organization is moving ahead.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Funny thing is I heard. Another week was given. Seems Cowher has his eye on other jobs. As the rumor goes.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Waterboy
    There are at least 3 head coaches making more money than Cower, and he as the best record, can't blame him for wanting more money.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I dont blame him for wanting more, but the bottom line is he needs to decide what he wants to do here so that the Rooney's can go out ASAP and interview people who want the job if he is not coming back. If anybody believes for one second still that Cowher still doesnt know what he wants to do and that he has to talk to his wife and family still to decide?? Gimmie a break. If anybody believes that still then you have to be a complete and total idiot.

Thread Information