2. Marcus Cannon OT
    3. John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
    4. Austin Pettis WR Boise State
    5. Alex Henery K Nebraska
    6. Tejay Johnson FS TCU
    7. Lazarius Levingston DE LSU

Sign Champ Bailey CB
    Sign Jared Gaither OT
    I love me some Jimmy Smith and Marcus Cannon, but I doubt Cannon and Moffit are there at those respective picks.

Pettis is okay, but I'd still prefer a big receiver.

Really like Henery.

Overall, good draft.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    I love me some Jimmy Smith and Marcus Cannon, but I doubt Cannon and Moffit are there at those respective picks.

Pettis is okay, but I'd still prefer a big receiver.

Really like Henery.

Overall, good draft.
    Dude Pettis is 6'3"!!!

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Dude Pettis is 6'3"!!!
    I know, I know, I just prefer a guy who's a bit bigger in height and weight and who can play more vertically (not "stretch the field vertically," but jumping ability vertically).

Pettis weighed in at the Senior bowl at 6'2 1/2 and 205 lbs., with 32 1/2 inch arms. That's definitely good size and is nothing to be embarrassed about, especially when compared to the players we've got on the roster (except Sweed), but I'd still prefer a guy like Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, maybe Terrance Tolliver. These are 6'4, 6'5 guys who weigh at least 215 lbs. and I expect to have at the very least 33 1/2" arms.

6'2 is good, many good receivers have that height, like second year and first round player Dez Bryant, but it's not huge height, and I'm craving huge height, lol.

My Mood
    Fine
    Austin Pettis has great hands. I'd love to get him but I think hes gone in the 3rd. I like rd1 if no CB there then grab NT Phil Taylor of Baylor or OG Danny Watkins of Baylor.
    I hope the fix the CBA before the draft and I'd dangle Chris K to the jets & Pats for their rd 1 or the pats rd1 or # 33 pick. Perhaps making a deal with the Pats Logan Mankins for Chris K.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Austin Pettis has great hands. I'd love to get him but I think hes gone in the 3rd. I like rd1 if no CB there then grab NT Phil Taylor of Baylor or OG Danny Watkins of Baylor.
    I hope the fix the CBA before the draft and I'd dangle Chris K to the jets & Pats for their rd 1 or the pats rd1 or # 33 pick. Perhaps making a deal with the Pats Logan Mankins for Chris K.
    New England is too smart to trade a first rounder or early second rounder for Kemoeatu. Hell, I think they only traded used lawn furniture for Wes Welker.

My Mood
    no mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    I know, I know, I just prefer a guy who's a bit bigger in height and weight and who can play more vertically (not "stretch the field vertically," but jumping ability vertically).
    I'd take a midget if he could run routes and catch the ball. Height is overrated.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Tandon Doss is a WR from Indiana that I really liked when I watched this past season.......I'm liking him more and more as the draft draws closer.....I really think he will move up draft boards and won't be there when the Steelers pick in the 3rd......I think he might even rise into a mid-late 2nd round pick but third round is probably more realistic......If he falls into the 4th round then the Steelers need to pounce......

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    New England is too smart to trade a first rounder or early second rounder for Kemoeatu. Hell, I think they only traded used lawn furniture for Wes Welker.
    Absolutely nobody would trade a first for Kemoeatu. At most, a fifth round pick, maaaaaaybe a low fourth.

As for New England, they traded a second and seventh round pick to Miami for Wes Welker, but Welker was coming off a good season and New England needed receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelJunkie View Post
    I'd take a midget if he could run routes and catch the ball. Height is overrated.
    I disagree. Height, for me, is most definitely not overrated. It's a simple physical attribute that gives receivers a good advantage over most cornerbacks. Also, if you take a look at each team's top receiver, almost every single one of them is at least 6'0, which I know is not very tall, but it's something. For what it's worth, we only have two receivers over 6'0 (Mike Wallace and Limas Sweed).

Mike Wallace - 6'0
    Anquan Boldin - 6'1
    Chad Ochocinco - 6'1
    Mohamed Massaquoi - 6'2

Reggie Wayne - 6'0
    Kenny Britt - 6'3
    Andre Johnson - 6'3
    Mike Sims-Walker - 6'2

Wes Welker - 5'9
    Lee Evans - 5'10
    Brandon Marshall - 6'4
    Braylon Edwards - 6'3

Vincent Jackson - 6'5
    Dwayne Bowe - 6'2
    Louis Murphy - 6'2

Brandon Lloyd - 6'0

Sidney Rice - 6'4
    Greg Jennings - 5'11
    Calvin Johnson - 6'5
    Devin Hester - 5'11

Marques Colston - 6'4
    Mike Williams - 6'1

Steve Smith - 5'9
    Roddy White - 6'0

Larry Fitzgerald - 6'3
    Mike Williams - 6'5

Danny Amendola - 5'11
    Michael Crabtree - 6'1

Miles Austin - 6'2
    Hakeem Nicks - 6'1

DeSean Jackson - 5'10
    Santana Moss - 5'10

I understand route running and catching the ball is important, but if you take a 6'3 receiver who runs routes just as good as a 6'0 receiver, and both can consistently catch the ball, the taller receiver will always be better. That simple.

For comparison's sake, take a look at the best receivers in the league. Would you rather have an incredibly precise route runner like Reggie Wayne, or a big target who can out-jump defenders like Larry Fitzgerald? Both have great hands, and are #1 targets. I'll take Fitzgerald every single time.

My Mood
    Fine
    I know NE won't trade a 1st for anyone. Id love to grab their 33rd selection.

Thread Information