Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saban leaving NFL for Bama

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Saban leaving NFL for Bama

Sporting News has learned that Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban will take the Alabama head coaching position.

Saban returns to the SEC after coaching the Dolphins for two seasons. He coached LSU from 2000-2004, guiding the Tigers to the 2003 BCS national championship.
    Cool....once they say I'm not leaving unless they fire me its a done deal.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

He can kiss his NFL days good bye because he will probably never be given the opportunity again!

With Saban leaving though, I'm really concerned even more now because the Cardinals are already talking to Grimm and Whiz and now the Dolphins will probably be looking at them as well!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wow I honestly didn't think he was going to leave this soon. Guess his heart will always be with the NCAA.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I pretty much knew this would happen, I know Saban, he coached at Michigan State and he is all about the money, the more money he is showen, that is where he goes. Bama offers 40 million over 10 years as opposed to 4.5 million a year with the Dolphins, (Cowher makes 4 million a year and he is longest tenured coach in the NFL, how would you feel if a rookie NFL coach was making more than you are?)
    Saban left with three years remaining on his five-year contract with the Dolphins. He made $4.5 million annually.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Contract with 'bama for Saban: 8 years, 32 million dollars according to NFL network.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I aqdded the link from yahoo sprts where I read it, it also says there are variable structures within the deal that Alabama put on the table.

Maybe the link did not come through here it is again http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Just heard on ESPN that Saban had an emotional meeting with the Dolphins and he accepted the Bama job, the details were 8 years 32 mil all guaranteed money

One saga that is closed. This should make the guys and the staff at LSU feel real good. This is all they will talk about tonight

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    show me the money or show me the door.....

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Angry
    I'm sure the SEC just loves seeing Nick back in the conference but I think it's a pretty easy prediction that once he gets Bama back to the National Championship stage maybe in 3-5yrs that he dumps the Tide and goes elsewhere.

Heard some angry Dolphins fan refer to him as "Suitcase" Nick.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Absolutely, you can't trust a word that man says. He goes on press conferences stating time and time again. "I'm not going to Alabama" "Im not taking the Alabama job" then, well oh by the way, Im leaving for bama this morning, see ya !!!

If the fans think he's going to be a savior they got a long wait coming, that program needs help and the SEC is as tough a conference in the NCAA that you'll find. It will be far from easy.

Thread Information